• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Anime Gets 2nd Season in 2021

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I love this series and its great its getting a 2nd season, huh 2021 looks like it will be a great year. Smile
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:41 pm Reply with quote
easily one of the few good anime of the season. super happy to see this news
CerberusTheWise

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I think this is nice. There have been plenty of bland boring anime Isekais for awhile, but I have found this series to be a bit more enjoyable than anticipated.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:20 pm Reply with quote
So "My Next Life as a Villainess" gets season 2 while ''Wave, Listen to Me'' isn't? SAD.

Last edited by ErikaD.D on Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:21 pm Reply with quote
YES! YES! All the yes'! :D
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:29 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
So "My Next Wife as a Villainess" gets season 2 while ''Wave, Listen to Me'' isn't? SAD.

Although I agree that Wave is a good title, it still remains quite specific, while the Otome Game hyped mainstream work. I love both animes, but they are in different weight categories of popularity.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:11 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
So "My Next Wife as a Villainess" gets season 2 while ''Wave, Listen to Me'' isn't? SAD.

They are both great (in very different ways), and both deserve sequels. Nami is unique with a great cast and interesting subject matter, Hamefura is incredibly relaxing and soothes my soul with its adorkableness.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad about that, but the show was spinning it wheel for a good 3-4 episodes this season, is there even anything left to adapt?
Christian Castellanos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Yes yes yes! Cool
Seagloom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:40 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
I'm glad about that, but the show was spinning it wheel for a good 3-4 episodes this season, is there even anything left to adapt?

Plenty. This cour primarily covered the first two volumes with bits from other volumes sprinkled on. There are currently nine volumes available.

That said, the first two volumes are popularly considered Bakarina's peak. You may think the show is spinning its wheels even if season two is faithful to the source material.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Seagloom wrote:
meiam wrote:

Plenty. This cour primarily covered the first two volumes with bits from other volumes sprinkled on. There are currently nine volumes available.

That said, the first two volumes are popularly considered Bakarina's peak. You may think the show is spinning its wheels even if season two is faithful to the source material.

I guess what I meant wasn't "is there stuff left to adapt" but rather "is what's left worth adapting". I'm guessing the relationship don't change over those 7 volumes because you can't have any progression in an harem. Maybe some new peoples get added to the harem so you get short burst of plot but they must all get stuck at the same point. I don't think I'd watch an entire season if it's like episodes 6-10...
Seagloom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:43 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
I guess what I meant wasn't "is there stuff left to adapt" but rather "is what's left worth adapting". I'm guessing the relationship don't change over those 7 volumes because you can't have any progression in an harem.

Bingo. Whatever progress is made backslides. At least up to the point I've read. Anyone following this series in hopes of seeing meaningful progress for their chosen ship(s) is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Personally, I've kept up with Bakarina for the comedy. Some of the newly introduced characters are fun too. As a harem, it doesn't do anything novel aside from being bisexual. Other harem series have actually played more with the formula, and other Villainess series are more interesting in premise or execution.

I don't think season two will be entirely episodes like 6-10, but I do expect it won't be as enjoyable as the first for anyone who has already started finding the show repetitive.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:40 pm Reply with quote
These are some good news! Best anime this season and probably one of the best this year so even if a 2nd season won't be as good as the first one, because I don't think there will be as much progress, it's still already one of the most anticipated anime for 2021 for me.
nDroae

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:34 pm Reply with quote
"I hope this is a done deal for a season 2 like Slime was" -me last month

ErikaD.D wrote:
"My Next Wife as a Villainess"

Hehe, that sounds more like this:
Quote:
Isekai ni Saku no wa Yuri no Hana ~ Konyaku Haki Sareta no de Honmei no Akuyaku Reijō to Onna Futari de Tanoshiku Kurashimasu! ~ (The Flower of Yuri/Lily Blooms in the Other World: After Her Engagement is Broken, the Villainess Has Fun Living with a Girl)

As mentioned here animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2019-10-09/ameko-kaeruda-author-of-sexiled-my-sexist-party-leader-kicked-me-out-so-i-teamed-up-with-a-mythical-sorceress/.151951
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:37 pm Reply with quote
nDroae wrote:
"I hope this is a done deal for a season 2 like Slime was" -me last month

ErikaD.D wrote:
"My Next Wife as a Villainess"

Hehe, that sounds more like this:
Quote:
Isekai ni Saku no wa Yuri no Hana ~ Konyaku Haki Sareta no de Honmei no Akuyaku Reijō to Onna Futari de Tanoshiku Kurashimasu! ~ (The Flower of Yuri/Lily Blooms in the Other World: After Her Engagement is Broken, the Villainess Has Fun Living with a Girl)

As mentioned here animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2019-10-09/ameko-kaeruda-author-of-sexiled-my-sexist-party-leader-kicked-me-out-so-i-teamed-up-with-a-mythical-sorceress/.151951

Damn, I didn't notice I mispelled it. LOL.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2