• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha Anime Spinoff Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon Reveals Color Designs for Moroha

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:14 pm Reply with quote
They're also asking fans via Twitter to submit their favorite Sesshoumaru and Rin episodes for a YouTube stream (they did Kagome and InuYasha already).
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
They're also asking fans via Twitter to submit their favorite Sesshoumaru and Rin episodes for a YouTube stream (they did Kagome and InuYasha already).

I guess that pretty much confirms who the mother of Sesshoumaru's kids are...
ballinamon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Wow, colored Moroha looks a lot like dad in human form.
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Yes! the cloak is red theory confirmed! All those artist that drew it as brown ha!

But I was kind of hopping her shirt and pants would be green and white like Kagome.
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:52 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

I guess that pretty much confirms who the mother of Sesshoumaru's kids are...

yes. It's not surprising but it's horrifying.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:00 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:

How so?
gpanthony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:44 pm Reply with quote
As big a deal as is made about age gaps, working in the insurance industry, I see lots of couples that have a 10-20 year gap in age. So its not the norm, but its not exactly out of the ordinary either in the real world setting. Granted I know in the Rin/ Sesshoumaru case there's more context to the situation, but that's been a topic in Japanese fiction since Tale of Genji (which is one of the oldest works of literature in the world).
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh, Moroha just looks so adorable and I can definitely see both of Inuyasha and Kagome within her as well and it's not just the weapons that she carries!

Since the first event involved Inuyasha and Kagome's voice actors hosting this event involving commentary on the two best episodes centering on Inuyasha/Kagome's relationship, the other upcoming similar event in providing commentary to the two best episodes in the series involving Sesshomaru and Rin's relationship and it will be hosted by their respective voice actors, something tells me that we will get the same thing in getting the official colors for Towa and Setsuna as well.

Also, I think we should all get prepared and get used to the idea that yeah, I definitely do believe that it is more than likely that Rin will be Towa and Setsuna's mother because it just too much sense not to.
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:

How so?

The grooming aspect. The way the original show portrayed the relationship between Sesshy and Rin was not problematic itself, but if they did end up getting together when Rin was an adult, it appears on the surface to be a classic grooming situation.That said, most experts in child abuse say that grooming requires intent to take advantage of the child. I just watched the entirety of the original series in prep for this new spinoff and I fail to see how Sesshoumaru would meet that requirement. Absolutely nothing he did suggested intent to abuse Rin. She was the one person to have a huge impact on his life and influenced him to be a better, more mature adult. So I don't think it's a problem, but it's hard to deny that it looks like a classic grooming situation on the surface.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Too much red, it's an eyesore. Should've added some white or brown.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 Yeah, it’s Sesshomaru’s lack of intent that’s keeping me from “nope”ing out of this series. It’s never implied that he saved Rin or took care of her because he wanted her as a mate, and while I still think the ship is squicky, her initiating it as an adult makes it tolerable.

I agree with Fenrin, though, Moroha’s design has way too much red. And bows. Unless the bow in her hair is actually another set of ears...
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:03 am Reply with quote
Love it, looks just like her parents. Yeah, a bit too much of red, but other than that, good outfit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1