• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Shaman King Anime's 2nd Video Reveals Opening Song, 2 Cast Members, April 1 Debut

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ_Lucifera

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:19 pm Reply with quote
There's also reports that Netflix acquired streaming rights to Studio Bridge's adaptation of this anime, which is scheduled for a global release later in 2021.
MCAL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:29 pm Reply with quote
DJ_Lucifera wrote:
There's also reports that Netflix acquired streaming rights to Studio Bridge's adaptation of this anime, which is scheduled for a global release later in 2021.
Indeed. Here's a link to the subbed trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV8RZrZskdk
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:38 pm Reply with quote
So locked behind Netflix well that’s a big fat rip
Albion Hero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Damn, they're holding it hostage for like 6+ months so theres goes my interest. Its a shame they can't just release it weekly like any other service.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping this would get picked up by Funimation and we would get a nice simuldub of it and maybe a Toonami broadcast. It's disappointing it's going to be stuck behind Netflix jail for half the year instead.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Dang, I was really looking forward to watching it weekly. I'm surprised it's not taking over Black Clover's time slot as so many were speculating. I wonder if TV Tokyo will will give that time slot to a non-anime show in April.
perroloco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Netflix could have their first super hit anime with Shaman King, it's an anime that is well liked worldwide.. unlike say Saint Seiya ir Captain Tsubasa which is liked everywhere except english speaking countries Shaman King actually has a following because of its Fox Kids broadcast (at least that's what I think, dunno how popular it actually is in english speaking countries but here in Mexico it was pretty popular, not DbZ, Saint Seiya, Pokémon levels of popular but very popular)... But they need to steam this weekly ffs, please netflix!

If they want to compete with crunchyroll they could even try to simuldub with the original mexican cast.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm just happy this will be legally available at all, so I'm ok with it only on Netflix.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, guess that's that - here's to hopefully watching it months later in a Journey's-style release (if its not split-cour already or something).
LuzOx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:06 pm Reply with quote
So...
12 episodes every 6 months? Im not gonna wait that long since this show will animate all the 35 volumes... I guess Im gonna use my old friend... P... and then I will watch it again in spanish dub when it releases on Netlix. Unless they confirm that they will split the show in seasons, but if its going to be a full 50+ episodes show then... sorry, not gonna wait that long
Albion Hero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:15 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
I'm just happy this will be legally available at all, so I'm ok with it only on Netflix.

There was zero chance it wouldn't be picked up by someone. This is just Netflix outbidding Funi or Crunchy and giving a worse release for it.
SP654

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Damn it I Thought crunchyroll was gonna stream it
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Damn. I wanted Megumi to do a remastered version of Over Soul and Northern Lights, respectively. Those songs are God-tier! Soul Salvation sounds ok. I'll probably like it more when I watch the actual OP, but the OP's didn't need new songs, just the ED. Now I'll have to hope they get played as insert songs during big moments in the series.

5:55 PM? Well, I wanted it a bit later.

Netflix? As expected as to why it happened.
1dbad

I worry the lack of simulcast will be to Shaman King's detriment. But maybe if we're lucky this will convince Netflix to adapt a simulcast model?

In any case, I'm going to take advantage of the wait and watch the original series.
MFrontier

It sucks that a long-runner like the reboot is shaping up to be will be stuck in perpetual Netflix jail.

I at least hope they'll let NYAV Post handle dubbing so there's a possibility of bringing the original English dub cast back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4