• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Discotek Issues Call to Find English Dub of 4 Ninja Senshi Tobikage/Ninja Robots Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:01 am Reply with quote
I wish that I could help. I'm still happy to see this getting released even if it isn't fully dubbed, I've been wanting to see this series since I first learned of it back in the late-80s.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:36 am Reply with quote
I know nothing of this show, but mad respect to the Discotek folks for going to these kinds of lengths for media preservation.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:44 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, they actually saved this video?

Good for the people who missed out last night since I know there were complaints from people living elsewhere.
Master Luc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I wish if they can make a campaign for it in Kickstarter to Redub it. I will definitely support them.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Oh damn this is a blast from the past.

Didn't even know it was getting a rerelease but if it's not exorbitantly priced I'm definitely getting it.

If only child me knew that this would happed I'd have told myself to save those episodes.

Having access to a VCR in those days were wild, TV on demand at the time. I know I'm sounding old but the future generations will never understand a world without the internet.
zrdb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:13 pm Reply with quote
I guess they're just too goddamn cheap to dub 4 measly episodes.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:23 pm Reply with quote
zrdb wrote:

This show has a so bad it's good kind of dub, so there's no way to redo it. It's a matter of history, not cost saving.
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:11 am Reply with quote
zrdb wrote:

They want to use the original dub. Which was made in 1995. Even if they wanted to dub it themselves, getting the original actors for it would be basically impossible. Especially since one actor retired 12 years ago and is in his 90s now.
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:39 am Reply with quote
TheOtakuX wrote:
zrdb wrote:

They want to use the original dub. Which was made in 1995. Even if they wanted to dub it themselves, getting the original actors for it would be basically impossible. Especially since one actor retired 12 years ago and is in his 90s now.

I hope they find those episodes. Its not about costs - they likely know nostalgia is going to be a driving force in us picking up the product. If they redubbed the show for example, I'd be far less interested.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:08 am Reply with quote
ZiharkXVI wrote:
I hope they find those episodes. Its not about costs - they likely know nostalgia is going to be a driving force in us picking up the product. If they redubbed the show for example, I'd be far less interested.

Well, if they wanted to, Discotek could re-dub the show and have the orig. Eng. dub as a bonus feature.

I concur with Shay Guy on the aspect of Discotek reaching out for help on media preservation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1