• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World' Anime Gets Sequel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinsekihokimchiansu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:25 am Reply with quote
Ughh I'm not pleased with this news... Mad
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:35 am Reply with quote
I liked the first season and I'm happy it's getting a sequel? There were a number of things set up so let's see if they get addressed.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:46 am Reply with quote
I liked this series. Perhaps more than I should have, but I'm happy to hear that we're getting more. I think that one of the big things that I liked is that the female lead seems competent for once even if she isn't the MC. I could see this ending up where she is useless and the male lead carries everything, and I hope it won't go that way.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:56 am Reply with quote
Oh, wow. This show was so forgettable that I had basically forgotten it existed, but I guess I did watch it. This felt to me like any other of those lame LN adaptions we get every year that nobody remembers so I'm honestly surprised that this one specifically was popular (?) enough to get a sequel.

Oh, wait right. This was the one with the odd lone white strands of hair popping out of everyone's hairs. Weird shit.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:41 am Reply with quote
I'm both...surprised and not surprised? This is getting a sequel.

I mean, all the major Silver Link action fantasies or high profile shows last season got sequel announcements, save for this show, but it was also probably the least well-received by comparison which is why I wasn't so surprised they never announced anything, but here we are.

I'm a fan of the books and I think the anime adaption was decent, so I'm okay with this.
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:49 am Reply with quote
I am so happy about this. I love the characters and I was hoping the two of them get together. Well, I am so looking forward to season 2
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:05 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the chemistry between the two main protagonists so I'm happy to see a sequel announced. I'm also enjoying the manga adaptation, especially the artwork.
09jcg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm pleasantly surprised by this. The whole thing came off like a glorified ad for the LN. I enjoyed the two main leads, they had alot of chemistry but I hope the plot tightens up a bit for the second season. It was definitely a show carried by the strength of the MCs
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:31 pm Reply with quote
A generic and forgettable series managed to get a sequel. Happy for the fans but it is a little jarring that some amazing series can never get a second season but this can...
tsog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Author teased it on Twitter a few days ago so it was just a matter of confirmation.

Soulwarfare wrote:
A generic and forgettable series managed to get a sequel. Happy for the fans but it is a little jarring that some amazing series can never get a second season but this can...

Me too.

I just finished this show this week and boy was it underwhelming. While I love Nekonabe Ao's designs, this show couldn't decide if it wanted to do romance or action or politics (or all of them) and just failed to focus on any. Side characters were mostly useless too, especially the squad. I get the feeling there's more to the story but don't have the desire to check out the novels. I'll still watch the sequel though because I like romance, fantasy, and the original illustrations.

I do like how the author is pretty good at illustrations too. Maybe some day they'll illustrate their own light novels like Kamiya Yuu.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I was OK with the anime, though it was mostly flat 2D characters that were only there for support. Worst of all was captain Marry Sue Useless, the bumbling fool of the squad who only served as someone to rescue on a regular basis despite being in charge of them. How did she even get enlisted? I doubt we'll ever find out since that's not important.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1