• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - The Duality of Games

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:24 am Reply with quote
I didn't think Bulma was surprising. They were most likely going to include a female character, and Bulma is the most prominent one in the series.

The arcade closure may have been attributed to the expiration of the lease, but the part they aren't saying is that they would have renewed if it was worth it. Obviously, they didn't think there was enough business to make back the costs. However, saying that would also be indirectly admitting that the other arcades are probably on shaky ground financially.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I mean, it's freaking Dragon Ball. And Fortnite didn't skimp out on the fun details for any of this!

I mean if you ignore the janky proportions for the characters I guess.

Quote:
Shenron the Eternal Dragon can be purchased as a mount,

He’s actually free if you do DragonBall related challenges during this event unlike Kurama from the Naruto crossover……also don’t know if we can call him a mount since most gliders in Fornite have you well…gliding by hanging onto the glider in question.
chudmaru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:10 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
I mean if you ignore the janky proportions for the characters I guess.

Poor Bulma got her butt nerfed.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:57 pm Reply with quote
My only regret with the Dragonball/Fortnite comic was that it happened after those surprisingly good DC Comic crossovers were published. We were literally this close to legally being able to have Superman vs Goku in a published work, but we had to settle for Batman vs Snake Eyes from GI Joe.

Video games are kind of awesome sometimes.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:13 pm Reply with quote
chudmaru wrote:

Can’t nerf what she didn’t originally have Razz
FinalVentCard
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:27 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
chudmaru wrote:

Can’t nerf what she didn’t originally have Razz

They may not have nerfed Bulma but they sure nerfed Vegeta. Poor man's cakes got deflated something horrible. It's Dead By Daylighy Pyramid Head all over again. Bulma's gonna have some cross words for Epic, I tell you what.
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I could tell u hadn't played a Neptunia game b4 Jean-Karlo with that close but still off description of the CPUs (Neptune and co) and for sure the what the series is about was off. To answer ur q, as someone whose played every game in the series sicne the 1st Rebirth game released, the best and easiest one to get into is Rebirth;1 I do not know if the one on PS5 which is a remake of that game removed any endings cus thats about the only one I haven't played but tis a remake of the rebirth 1 game which was a remake of the OG PS3 game. R;1-3 are the main canon games which u play in that order... just whatever u do don't try to get all endings in R;2, 9 endings there and it WILL burn u out. I personally didn't like R;2 becus it removed the gags and refs that the rest of the series has and the story wasn't that great either... but I did like the chars in it. After those 3 games u get the sequel to R;3 being VII (Pronounced Victory 2 becus R;3 is the 1st Victory game) and then the sequel to that is 4 Goddess' online. It may seem like a spin off game but theres stuff mentioned from past games that tell us its a sequel to VII. (And I'd HIGHLY REC not playing it till getting the true ending in VII or u'r gonna ruin a great part of VII for urself...) Speaking of VII, I DON'T rec playing VII-R, as thats a remake of VII which REMOVES 2 endings from VII and there wasn't any need for a remake of the game, felt like a giant cash grab and it adds nothing to the story besides non canon VR player interaction short stories for many chars in the game, but again, VR stories are not canon and u can (Last I checked) watch those on YT. After that (though i haven't finished it) Its possible that the Neptunia Stars game might also be a sequel to VII, but am unsure if it takes place b4 or after 4GO if it is one. Now this new Neptunia Sisters game seems like it might also be a main series game, but it could EASILY be a spin off game. Speaking of, every game I didn't mention here is a spin off game set in a dif Dimension that does not at this time, connect to the Hyperdimension or other established Dimensions in the main series games. The spin off games r hit or miss on if u'll like them or not. Btw, Nep x Senran is one that i have, but have not played yet as am trying to play through the Senran series b4 i play that, however based on what the game is about it sounds like a spin off to me. Lastly, R;1? While its true its a main series game and its also true it is THE ONE u need to play 1st to get into the series, it is not however, part of the main series' canon and seems to not be the Hyperdimension that the main canon series largely takes place in as R;2 ret con'd R;1 and thus far to my knowledge, hasn't been connected back to the rest of the main games.

Playing R;1 is needed becus otherwise u won't be able to know who the older sisters are (Neptune etc.) in R;2 and thus u lose out on part of why u'r trying to save them (Emotional investment wise, hard to relate to trying to save someone if u don't know them, e.g. We save Peach with Mario ALL the time, but do u honestly care? Prolly not, u'r just there to beat Bowser and have a good time lol Despite help, Peach and co don't have much char personality/dev so hard to invest in em emotionally) andspoiler[ u won't save them till late game] so yeah, also BAD game to rep the series, not joking, if not for R;3 I'd have not continued being a Nep fan lol. R;3 spoils parts of R;2's true ending right at the very start and u lose out on some stuff to R;2 u'd likely not catch unless u played R;2. (Nothing that'd prevent u from playing though) U might could start R;3 and be fine on who everyone is, however, I maintain for the 1st time exp for anyone looking to get into the Nep series that u play R;1 1st. If u dislike R;2 then skip to R;3. If u've played R1-3 u can likely play any of the not mentioned games I didn't list that are spin offs and know who the chars are and enjoy how dif the setting feels and the chars themselves (Imo best spin off is Neptune Vs Sega Hard Girls)

U also won't be lost with R;1 if u play that first and get to know who the chars are in that story such as Neptune, Purple Heart and many more. Also, u didn't mention Blanc. Btw, now u can say u know a Nep fan lol
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Also this week, looks like Chaos;Head Noah got banned by Steam before release.
light turner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:47 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:

This is why i don't support Steam.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:58 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:

Meanwhile RPG maker sex game 2145135321, with stolen assets is A okay!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:35 am Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

Which game do you think is the best entry-point for the Hyperdimension Neptunia series?

Snoop Dogg had already made his pick Laughing

MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, good thing I never planned to get C;H on PC then. Absolutely ridiculous that they've done this
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1