• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Don't Sleep on The Ancient Magus' Bride OVAs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:57 am Reply with quote
SIR!

I smote thee!

You have defiled the honour of the meat pie! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

As Wigan as my place of birth I shall defend the honour of the pie to the last. We Wiganer's are the bastion of the Pie. Nobody will overtake us when it comes to the pie.

And for this haneous insult to the pie I call the to the bttlefield!

We shall stand on the battlefield like the days of yore, chunky steak pie with extra gravy vs Pecan pie.....but the pie shall prevail.

The power of the Wigan pie is all encompassing!

We shall prevail in ouur darkest hour!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:42 am Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:
As Wigan as my place of birth I shall defend the honour of the pie to the last. We Wiganer's are the bastion of the Pie. Nobody will overtake us when it comes to the pie.

Tell me you've never been to Maine without saying that you've never been to Maine.

I'm amazed at how Kore Yamazaki has created a multi-media juggernaut with her expedition into Celtic mythology, and I'm enjoying every one of its variations.

(This makes me wonder why Kaoru Mori isn't the head of an Emma or Bride's Story media empire, though.)
Folcwine P. Pywackett

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:41 pm Reply with quote
To Sir Nick and Sir Steve.

My lords, if you are going to talk about The Ancient Magus' Brides OVAs in a general sort of statement, and then not mention even the greatest 3 Ep OVA set, in all of anime, me thinks you do not know about "The Ancient Magus Bride: Those Awaiting a Star" released in 2016 which began the entire Magus franchise. Set between S1 Ep 14 and EP 15 in linear narrative time, Chise tells Elias and Ruth the story of her early life.

I challenge both of you to the lists of a major water works department emo storm kin as Chise tells her horrendous and evil story that lead to the despair of her selling herself at auction and into slavery; and how a magic book from the library of a Mayoiga "The Lonely Little Star", travels on its own to England and back into the hands of Chise only to show her that she is not alone now that she is blessed.

Neither of you could possibly survive this Magus OVA in less than a 3 tissue box length.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1