• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Negima: Ala Alba Episode's 3 Promos Posted Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Yay more Negima. I didn't realize we were so damn close to the Japanese release.

Which reminds me- I think I may have asked this in a previous Negima thread (sometimes far back) but is there still no release date for series picked up by Funi?

Last edited by britannicamoore on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
larinon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Just a quick note to everyone regarding Ala Alba's storyline. I have already watched the first episode, and just this past week bought volume 19 of the manga. Ala Alba is actually starting with the material from this volume of the manga, so if you are reading it and you don't want to skip ahead in the story at all, I would suggest holding off watching it until at least another volume or two comes out. Given the respective release schedules of the OVA and the English language version of the manga, this may not be a problem anyway.

For what it's worth, this anime so far is pretty faithful to the manga, unlike some other iterations of the Negima story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Yay more Negima. I didn't realize we were so damn close to the Japanese release.

Oh, the manga itself is still like a year ahead in Japan (and it's been that way for a couple of years now), it's just that this arc was about the only one that was independent enough to be made into a couple of OVAs.

Quote:
Which reminds me- I think I may have asked this in a previous Negima thread (sometimes far back) but is there still no release date for series picked up by Funi?

I haven't seen one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1