• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Beyblade: Metal Fusion to Debut in U.S. in Fall 2010

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:26 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does "metal fusion" seem a scientifically far-fetched concept?
Regardless, if there's still a market for plastic spinning tops, let them continue to advertise it. I saw some demonstrations of this product at a convention. Seems mildly diverting, if a little primitive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
game

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:45 am Reply with quote
Yeah !!!!!!!!!! Beyblade is coming back i can't wait woo!!!!!!!!!!!!! so awesome
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:13 am Reply with quote
It would be really cool if any R1 DVD releases were actually uncut and dual-audio. Nelvana seems to have no problem supplying companies with the original Japanese audio, since FUNimation did their last 2 DVDs of Beyblade G-Revolution in dual-audio after fan demand... Unfortunately it never went beyond those 2 DVDs, but it was cool to see uncut, Japanese Beyblade available over here.

Hopefully the same can be done with Metal Fight/Fusion.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:28 am Reply with quote
Over a year from now and they telling us this? Honestly, it would seem more convincing to me if this was to air in the winter.
Wooga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quote
With mixed amount of pride and shame, I admit to playing the arcade version. Embarassed
Kiyomaro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote
Fall '10, why so late?

To Wooga - arcade version of what?
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:38 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Is it just me, or does "metal fusion" seem a scientifically far-fetched concept?

Not really, actually. The heaviest stars can facilitate nuclear fusion all the way up to iron. That's a relatively rare case, though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I would be interested to see if this brings some of the crazes that hapend when I was in school with the Beyblade fad. Kids would use the lids of there pens as spinning tops to fight each other, actualy I think I even help spread that. Just recently I had my 7 year old brother throw one of my old Beyblade toys and tried to explain to him that it used to be a show like that bakugan thing now.
Ottervinn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I used to like the TV series back in the early 2000s. Embarassed But then I lost interest. It just wasn't exciting to me, the same spinning tops, the same G-spirits (or whatever they were called) every single episode...

But I don't really see a relaunch happening. When they were popular for a very brief time in the UK, they were always overshadowed by Pokemon, And the press coverage of kids getting fake Beyblades (the knock-offs had blades, causing many a scraped ankle, and were also powerful enough to give you a nasty bruise when being released from the top-spinner)... led to them being banned in lots of schools. But if they've left it this far to re-release the concept, it'll either fail or be a hit. Smile
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Metal Fight Beyblade is a very exciting series. I don't see why some people have to dis the show just because it has battling tops in it.

Why does it have to be "ooh there's spinnng tops in it, so I hate this show" ? that is so lame. its like people are bashing it without even giving it a chance. Adachi Takafumi is a good mangaka, he knows how to make a good plot in his sports genre manga. Metal Fight Beyblade started out really well, both the manga and anime. I didn't like how the old Beyblade series by Takao Aoki started out. it took many episodes of the old first season to get me interested, but with Metal Fight Beyblade I got interested after seeing the first episode.

Just because an anime is about a sport or a kid game doesn't mean that i isn't any good. you got to look at the character development, the plot first.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:

Not really, actually. The heaviest stars can facilitate nuclear fusion all the way up to iron. That's a relatively rare case, though.

Interesting. What sort of spectral class are we talking about here? The coulomb barriers must be -no pun intended- astronomical. I take it that in these stars, lighter non-metallic nuclides must be more probable reaction products than things as heavy as iron.

DuskyPredator wrote:
Kids would use the lids of there pens as spinning tops to fight each other, actualy I think I even help spread that.

Low-tech solution often seem more enticing than these marketed toys. Plastic bottle tops and certain coins maintain their angular momentum quite well if spun with sturdy hands. You can have improvised Beyblade battles on a budget if you really want. A procrastinator's paradise...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:

Interesting. What sort of spectral class are we talking about here? The coulomb barriers must be -no pun intended- astronomical. I take it that in these stars, lighter non-metallic nuclides must be more probable reaction products than things as heavy as iron.

Yah, only Class B stars can sustain the reaction long enough to produce iron (though I stand corrected, it is as a result of the radioactive decay of the nickel-56 isotope, the actual end of the line for positive energy yield). This process can only occur above ten solar masses or so though, and once a star's core gets to nickel, it has minutes at the most to decay into iron before catastrophic collapse anyway, so yeah you don't end up with a lot of the stuff.

Class O stars are of course heavier, but are so unstable that they tend to fall apart (or come together, in this case Razz), before the process can begin.

Add: This discussion feels oddly fitting now that I've just finished watching Gunbuster and Diebuster.
Wooga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Kiyomaro wrote:
Fall '10, why so late?

To Wooga - arcade version of what?

Of Beyblade! You put in like 200 yen, and then this top dispenses out of the machine. And then it battles the other top which is like metal embedded into the machine. Then the platform spins in a circle and your top, like, gains points by hitting the other top. I kinda lost because I didn't have a revver, I just twirled the top with my hands.
I ..dont really know how to explain it
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Over a year from now and they telling us this? Honestly, it would seem more convincing to me if this was to air in the winter.

Well they announced it at a trade show. So I'd assume they are getting international broadcasters before launch.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:

And the heavier metals radiate out during supernovas, but you're not going to get that from spinning tops.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2