• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams More Anime Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:19 am Reply with quote
utawarerumono is win
Labbes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:37 am Reply with quote
I would actually very much like to see a (rather) DRM-free download-to-own system. There are some problems with other services like Steam, but the prices make up for that quite easily; I hope anime will go into that direction sooner or later as well, because shipping costs and import fees do really add up over the years.
PBsallad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:32 am Reply with quote
A bunch of other shows from FUNi have made it onto Hulu, but they haven't posted them on their blog yet.
~nanashi~

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:55 am Reply with quote
I'm happy to hear the news of more Anime being streamed online by Funimation, its a win win situation. The best kind of situation. Anime smile
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:54 am Reply with quote
Labbes wrote:
I would actually very much like to see a (rather) DRM-free download-to-own system. There are some problems with other services like Steam, but the prices make up for that quite easily; I hope anime will go into that direction sooner or later as well, because shipping costs and import fees do really add up over the years.

Erm it's (normally) more expensive to download than to buy disks (even at full RRP). Also you can't import downloads, they get IP locked. If they want to use digital distribution they need to start picking up global licences(i.e everwhere except Japan) for it like some cruchyroll streams. Advertising it far better would help too; I've come across people using an illegal stream for things which are available for free legal stream due to the latter having almost no advertising.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote
We finally have access to the PS video store here, but still nothing anime-related on there other than a few titles from Manga I have or aren't really interested in - at least not for a digital download when I could probably get the DVD cheaper on sale or second hand (Dante's Inferno, Dead Leaves, Dead Space, Hellboy, Macross II, Macross Plus, Street Fighter Alpha and II) and Sony (Final Fantasy the Spirits Within, Resident Evil Degeneration, Steamboy).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ScrappedAeon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:41 am Reply with quote
PBsallad wrote:
A bunch of other shows from FUNi have made it onto Hulu, but they haven't posted them on their blog yet.

Yep, they have the first 26 episodes of Sgt Frog and Shin chan on Hulu, dubbed.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Funimation continues to impress and respect them more and more these days. I really am impressed on how Funimation is dubbing One Piece and Shin Chan. I am very glad I purchased One Piece, the English audio is well above A+ and the animation and uncut is suburb. Chris Sabbat and Collen are the stars of the show, but Nami's, Chopper's and even Sanji's voice actors are also very great.

I am surprized Miaso from Shin Chan is Chopper's voice actor. Yet again another reason why I respect Funimation. They know which voice actors suite the characters.

But Shin Chan has been a very, very fun series to watch. Like Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and One Piece, the English audio is a work of art. I also enjoyed the closing theme song to Shin Chan, not to strange, but not too plain.

Great job Funimation, this is how anime should be. With an English audio with actors that match the character. And none of this subtitle only nonsense.
Danieros

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:29 am Reply with quote
Interesting, now they really need to start working on some more global licenses, it makes me a sad panda to see such advances on official anime but getting IP blocked.
Gundampilotspaz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Wonderful the day after I bought the Pumpkin Scissors S.A.V.E. boxset all the episodes go up on Hulu.

Lucky me!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1