• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Princess Resurrection Original Anime DVD Green-Lit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailorsean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:57 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this "important announcement" will be a remake of the tv series because the last version was an absolute trainwreck.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:22 am Reply with quote
^ yeah, and probably one of (neo)ADV's worst acquisitions too. I'm glad I had watched it beforehand.

I don't know anything about the manga but I felt there was some potential if only they had concentrated more on the relationship between Hiro and the others, especially Hime.
aelphais

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:56 am Reply with quote
The anime wasn't bad.. sure they took out the blood and added in some steam and filler, but I can't call it bad.

I wonder if they're going to continue where they left off.. Only own/read up to volume 7, but if they add in filler inbetween the manga plot they could easily get another ~24 episodes out of it.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:59 am Reply with quote
Rather see a sequel rather than a remake. And since I enjoyed the first series, and even re-watched it.

configspace wrote:
^ yeah, and probably one of (neo)ADV's worst acquisitions too. I'm glad I had watched it beforehand.

Indeed. An overwhelming lack of ecchi content.
Maciste

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:53 am Reply with quote
*keeps fingers crossed*

A 2nd season, a 2nd season, a 2nd season...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:28 am Reply with quote
The more I hear about this series the more I'm intrigued to check it out.
msgundam2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quote
I hope they leave in all the blood and guro. The manga is full of guro. The anime was butchered to be more family friendly.
Joketsu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:10 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely adore the manga despite how much flak it gets, but the adaptation wasn't fun at all. Hopefully this makes up for it because it's a series that definitely deserves a lot more love than people give it.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I didn't think the first series was bad, that's why I picked up the manga. Haven't read it yet though, but I did skim through it. The content of the anime might have been toned down, but the general plot seemed similar.

Anyway, maybe I'm miss-reading something, but what's with this talk of a second season? The article seems to clearly say that it's going to be an OAD.
Maciste

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:

Anyway, maybe I'm miss-reading something, but what's with this talk of a second season? The article seems to clearly say that it's going to be an OAD.

It is 100% clear, that we get an OAD.
But there will be an "important announcement" made in the mag on June, 26th and some hope, it will be news about a 2nd season of the anime adaption.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:48 am Reply with quote
Interesting. I enjoyed the TV series a lot despite it being inconclusive. It was funny and had good characters. I'll definitely keep an eye out for more of my favorite chainsaw wielding demon princess. (Hime is actually one of my favorite anime characters, come to think of it. Twisted Evil ) I'll take an OVA but I'd prefer a full season.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Maciste wrote:
Covnam wrote:

It is 100% clear, that we get an OAD.
But there will be an "important announcement" made in the mag on June, 26th and some hope, it will be news about a 2nd season of the anime adaption.

I guess I'm just reading it as the OAD as being the announcement. The magazine may not be out till the 26th, but that doesn't mean that the cover being revealed early means that there will be a different announcement.

Quote:
The magazine, which celebrates the fifth anniversary of the manga this month, had promised in the preview for the August issue that it will have an "important announcement" about Princess Resurrection on June 26

Guess it's that past tense that implies to me that the OAD was what announcement was going to be. Well, we'll find out soon enough.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Quote:
The magazine, which celebrates the fifth anniversary of the manga this month, had promised in the preview for the August issue that it will have an "important announcement" about Princess Resurrection on June 26

Guess it's that past tense that implies to me that the OAD was what announcement was going to be. Well, we'll find out soon enough.

If that was the case, wouldn't they use "would" instead of "will"? The way I see it, the preview came out earlier (that's why "had" is used) but the announcement itself will come out on 26th.
I guess we had different interpretations here. Do the magazines in Japan usually allow official exposure of its covers before the release date? I'm guessing yes.

Still, even a single OAD is good news in my book.
-gecko-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote
I would enjoy an OAD and also a second season, but reading the manga spoiled watching the first season. There was so much that they left out and changed it was so disappointing. I would have enjoyed it much more if I had never touched the manga...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1