• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-01-14

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:17 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Was that a clump of rice in Myoopi's bowl? I thought it ate castor sugar.

Actually, I believe it was a little bit of leftover whipcream in a plastic container. If you read the side of the "bowl" it says "Kewl Whip" on it. Apparently, poor Myoopi had to resort to eating whatever he could get his little fuzzy white paws on. I hope he didn't get a tummy ache.... Very Happy

Unless, of course, she uses an old Kewl Whip container as Myoopi's food bowl.... Mad That would be so cheap! Myoopi deserves better! If that's the case, then Nina better leave not only the game, but the anime too, and get herself to a pet supply store!

Or....maybe Kevin is wrong and Nina just got up like a zombie and gave Myoopi the first thing she saw in the fridge instead of taking the time to give him his proper food.... Shocked

The possibilities are endless....

Laughing
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:45 am Reply with quote
This hits me. I've been playing Dragon Quest 8 for the last few weeks ignoring my anime.

Both me and Nina are probably the only ones forced to watch anime again.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:19 am Reply with quote
I seem to have been gifted with a singular power to not be addicted to MMOs - I have about five that I keep around and play for maybe an hour at a time as the mood strikes me. There are some weekends where I'll think "Oh man, I haven't played 9Dragons in forever and it's double EXP time right now", and then I'll get caught up in a quest or something and have to finish that, but I've never played to the detriment of my other hobbies or my social life, such as it is.

Awesome cosplay, SailorButterfly! I too am curious as to whether or not Myoopi actually..."functions" Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Barachem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:32 am Reply with quote
What a wonderful comic about how addicting MMORPGs can be.
I know 3 people who play a MMORPG, 1 of them a WoWer and 2 of them Ragnarokers who got me to play the game too and all three are addicted to playing their MMORPGs.
Me, i am not addicted to playing Ragnarok Online, even though it's free on the Valkyrie server.
While it is nice, i normally play something inbetween half and hour up to 2 hours straight and can forgo the game easily for weeks.
I started about 2 months ago, but still i should at least have had more signs of addiction to the game.
Anyway, my other hobbies are more important to me, like playing magic and watching anime.
rti9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:32 am Reply with quote
The best anime-related guild name I encountered when I still played World of Warcraft was a horde group called "Those Who Hunt Elves" (before the introduction of Blood Elves).

penguintruth wrote:
Anime can be just as addictive, you know.

Hm... If I had to compare in terms of addictiveness, I'd say anime is more like marijuana, while WoW is more like cocaine.
FanFicGuru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:29 am Reply with quote
This is an OUTRAGE!

I am FURIOUS! ENRAGED EVEN!

How dare she represent MMO players in such a way! I am so thoroughly disgusted! So utterly offended! So...

*looks at the time*

OH CRAP! Gotta run, got a raid in 30 minutes and I need to farm some food for the raid and get some gold for my pots.

Peace.

Oh btw...TOTALLY INACCURATE!
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:43 am Reply with quote
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl wrote:
Unless, of course, she uses an old Kewl Whip container as Myoopi's food bowl.... Mad That would be so cheap! Myoopi deserves better!

Well, Myoopi did cost Nina US$25,000; I wonder how Nina paid for him? I mean, she might have put him down as a "Business Expense" and needled ANN into paying the bill (she does work for them after all). Or perhaps she paid for him using her research grant/budget? If so, whoever does ANN's accounts are going to be mightily shocked come the end of the Financial Year.

But it is more likely that she had to take out a huge loan and sell one of her kidneys along with two-thirds of her liver. After all that financial hardship, I don't really see how Nina can afford to feed the cockroaches, let alone herself and an expensive pest pet like Myoopi.
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:04 am Reply with quote
I was expecting the carameldancin dance! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:35 am Reply with quote
Haha... MMOs, huh? The only ones I've ever gotten even slightly addicted to were RO, which lasted until my 10 free days were up, and Trickster, which lasted until I found the main city around level 60 or so, and discovered there were areas for up to level 299... that was too daunting and I quit.

And I tried playing WoW, had the battle chest, got it installed, played it two different Saturdays, and haven't launched it in months... I prefer playing linear games that have a defined ending and hanging out with my friends in real life.

OT... poor Nina... I mean Myoopi. Smile
Fake Alias

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:59 am Reply with quote
I actually got rid of my WoW addiction when I discovered Anime. Razz I get more sleep now than when I played WoW, good thing about Anime, is that you get a chance to asses wether or not you should watch a new episode each ~25 mins, plus there is a limited amount of "watchable" anime. WoW can easily keep you busy for a full day if you're not carefull.

Frankly I'd rather be addicted to Anime than mmorpgs....

Amazing how I have been almost 5 years @ uni without falling behind....
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quote
I'm glad that Nina's back. I was having Nina withdrawl.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 am Reply with quote
Eep. Just yesterday I was trying out my first MMORPG, Dofus. And spent about ten hours in it..
Good thing I don't have any pets to neglect.

As for cosplay Myoopi, I think SailorButterfly wrote that, yes, it has a hidden pouch for candy.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:06 am Reply with quote
Indeed, I've got quite a few anime DVDs I need to finish (Case Closed, Fruits Basket, Shakugan no Shana, Ah! My Goddess, Darker than Black), but I'm spending tons of time re-playing Tales of Symphonia (trying to get enough Grade to get the 10x experience points bonus), and with Chrono Trigger DS (and Final Fantasy IV DS, when I buy it) waiting, even more of my time will be spent on gaming.

Probably never going to play an MMORPG though. I don't trust my small willpower.
SailorButterfly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:17 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
@SailorButterfly: Is your Myoopi "anatomically correct"?

In other (cruder) words, is he stuffed like a piñata?

Murasakisuishou wrote:
Awesome cosplay, SailorButterfly! I too am curious as to whether or not Myoopi actually..."functions" Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Kimiko_0 wrote:
As for cosplay Myoopi, I think SailorButterfly wrote that, yes, it has a hidden pouch for candy.

Thanks!

Kimiko is right....Myoopi has a pouch that closes with snaps on his bottom that is filled with candy. ^-^
Faceman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:24 am Reply with quote
Oh god, I know exactly what that's like. I've been playing WoW since a friend got me hooked a few months after it came out, probably around Jan 2005. Raiding seems to take a lot more free time than you realize.

As a result, my watched anime list has suffered. I've probably got at least 1/3 of my collection that's gone unwatched. But I'm still in the habit of buying DVDs. So I unwrap them, place them on my shelves in alphabetical order, and don't watch them. Some of the DVDs have been sitting there for years.

I've been trying to catch up lately. I actually watched Haruhi Suzumiya in 2 sittings after getting the box set. And I watch Lucky Star DVDs as soon as I get them. As for my backlog, I just finished My Otome. So I have My Otome Zwei left, and I think I finished season 1 of Kaleido Star and have season 2 left.

For me though, I think it's easier to keep up on my manga collection. Probably because I can take it to work and read it in my free time. Also it seems to take less time to read a volume of manga than to watch a DVD of anime. Does anyone else find it easier to keep up with manga than anime, or vice-versa?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5