• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FMA's Irie Confirms Animating Manga's End in 2 Months

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otaku Teahouse

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:42 pm Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
also "and that his staff is writing and storyboarding the material for the anime based that ending"

that sentencei s funny....shouldn't it be "based on that ending"

The funnier part is that the article writer doesn't know FMA is written by a woman.

The sentence is talking about the anime's director, which is a man.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm just sad that it's ending. I've really enjoyed this anime/ manga serise, and the characters are one of a kind. I know this most likey won't happen. But I think it would be awesome if Arakawa choses to make a story mixing some of her characters from the popular serises she has written.

But I know I'm personaly watching the english dub of Brotherhood, so I still got a while to wait for the ending, I'm also only on vol. 1 of the manga.
alexcampos

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
alexcampos wrote:
NOW, the million dollar question:

What will Arakawa do now??? (I hope she makes another manga series)

She already has another manga series going as we speak. Hero Tales. It's not as good as FMA, but it does get better as it progresses.

I heard about that, unfortunately I don't hear any good reviews nor is it very popular.

I was thinking that maybe we could have an FMA spin-off. Someone had suggested to me that maybe she could have the story of Xing (the country that Ling Yao is from), with new characters and the story behind the "other" alchemy.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad I know I'm gonna cry when it ends. I've been with FMA since the start.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote
alexcampos wrote:

I was thinking that maybe we could have an FMA spin-off. Someone had suggested to me that maybe she could have the story of Xing (the country that Ling Yao is from), with new characters and the story behind the "other" alchemy.

I would personaly love to see that. Or she should atleast do something with some of the characters from FMA again. Seriously we all know she loves the characters too.
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Arakawa, I thank you for this journey (through two incarnations) and I hope to see it end with a bang.

(Though, please no sad ending. Let them get the darn bodies back...please. They've been through so much crap, they deserve it.)
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Though I'll be sad to see such a great series end, I'll be glad, in a way, since the last part of the manga has been dragging its heels a bit, storywise.

I'm glad that the ending of this series will be based on the manga's end, and not an alternate ending. I loved where the first series went, but it would defeat the purpose of Brotherhood to have an alternate ending.

Fullmetal Alchemist is a great title, probably the best in the past ten years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I thought the first 20 or so episodes of Brotherhood were nothing more than an inferior retread of the original FMA to be honest, however, as soon as the plot broke away from the first series' constraints and started doing it's own thing... I have to say, it has definitely long since surpassed the original at this point. Love the heavier action focus of Brotherhood. Easily the second best anime I'm watching these days.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:57 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Fullmetal Alchemist is a great title, probably the best in the past ten years.

Can't help but agree with you on that.
kippy666

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
alexcampos wrote:
NOW, the million dollar question:

What will Arakawa do now??? (I hope she makes another manga series)

She already has another manga series going as we speak. Hero Tales. It's not as good as FMA, but it does get better as it progresses.

Actually I believe that the artwork is done by her but the story is someone else s.
chocobolily

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Man, it's sad to see FMA go. But I've been loving these last few chapters; Arakawa's just as good as a writer as she is an artist!
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Sad to see it go, but I it's for the best!

It was kind of obvious judging by how close the anime and manga are, but still shocking to hear it officially.
bayoab

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
I was wondering if this series was going to be ongoing like Bleach. But now that the manga is finally drawing a conclusion, and judging from what episode # is on Funimation Video Portal now, I'm guesstimating the Anime shouldn't be more than a hundred episodes. Knowing that makes me feel more confident in purchasing Funimation's DVD releases.
63 episodes. It ends in June.
holy_

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quote
FMA is one of the best manga I ever read Very Happy

Although I got mixed feeling, happy and sad because it's gonna end soon Crying or Very sad
Shirochan88

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:11 pm Reply with quote
chocobolily wrote:
Man, it's sad to see FMA go. But I've been loving these last few chapters; Arakawa's just as good as a writer as she is an artist!

Damn right. The last few chapters of the manga have been mega-epic. Looking forward to some serious stuff going down in the last couple chapters. Like maybe some character deaths, Al getting his body back (maybe?), and Ed finally making a move on Winry...just kidding.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4