• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Exorcist Manga Gets New TV Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
They'll probably take the Kuroshitsuji route, of having the sequel continue from the last canonical events, with the rest of the material after that point forsaken and never mentioned again.

Interesting, I didn't know Kuroshitsuji had set that kind of precedent. I guess there's no need to begin the new season with Rin waking up and saying "man, I had the craziest dream where my grampa was an evil pope" then.
Naotomato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Is it 100% confirmed that it's going to go with the manga? I don't trust anything after Tokyo Ghoul.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Naotomato wrote:
Is it 100% confirmed that it's going to go with the manga? I don't trust anything after Tokyo Ghoul.

The Key Visual shows without semblance of doubt that they're doing the Impure King arc, I'm not sure why ANN didn't add it to the article. So yeah, they're going back to the manga
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:15 pm Reply with quote
So it's not a reboot? How does one retcon that entire last arc from the original anime though? I prefer reboot because that ending with all of the nonsense about the parents etc., was bullcrap. Unimaginative, un-developed, and completely unsatisfying bullcrap. I really like the manga, but if the anime was accurate, they spoiled a lot of the mystery behind Ren. It wasn't as inconsequential as something like Noragami's 1st season ending. Hard to just cut that out.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:28 pm Reply with quote
ZiharkXVI wrote:
So it's not a reboot? How does one retcon that entire last arc from the original anime though? I prefer reboot because that ending with all of the nonsense about the parents etc., was bullcrap. Unimaginative, un-developed, and completely unsatisfying bullcrap. I really like the manga, but if the anime was accurate, they spoiled a lot of the mystery behind Ren. It wasn't as inconsequential as something like Noragami's 1st season ending. Hard to just cut that out.

Kuroshitsuji pretended that the end of Season 1 and all of Season 2 never happened. I imagine Blue Exorcist will do the same thing. It's cheaper than the Brotherhood treatment, and it doesn't invalidate the old anime (which has its merits).
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:48 am Reply with quote
Sweet I was hoping that the teaser from a few weeks ago would be an Anime announcement and thankfully I was right. Very Happy
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
ZiharkXVI wrote:

Kuroshitsuji pretended that the end of Season 1 and all of Season 2 never happened. I imagine Blue Exorcist will do the same thing. It's cheaper than the Brotherhood treatment, and it doesn't invalidate the old anime (which has its merits).

You are right. Really my only complaint about the old anime was the final arc deviation. I had not read the manga yet but I couldn't understand why the story wentry south so quickly. Picked up the manga and realized that part was made up. The anime as a whole was very well animated, and otherwise aenjoyable.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:06 pm Reply with quote
They must under no circumstances replace Kamiya Hiroshi as Mephisto.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
They must under no circumstances replace Kamiya Hiroshi as Mephisto.

Likewise, they must under no circumstances replace Sam Riegel as Mephisto when it inevitably gets an English dub.
SourOkapi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:36 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I'm so excited!
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear, I enjoyed the anime, but never got around to picking up the manga (which I should still do).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3