• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
From my understanding of Korean names, TAE-HYUNG, Kim, the.. manhwaka is inverted and should be KIM, Tae-Hyung, however KIM, Tae-Hyung already exists and is an animator.
My Korean is non-existant and twice when trying to come up with something on the Manwha.. person I've come up with something called "Red Blood", not "Planet Blood".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:
More than one person has the name 伊佐英朗: Hideaki Isa, Hideo Isa

Both credited with key animation, Hiedaki from 1999 to 2006 and Hideo's all from 2009 plus one recent Enshutsu role (a valid role progression, although animator to sakkan is more common, and source confirms same kanji).

Both valid readings:

英朗【ひであき】
Hideaki (g)

英朗【ひでお】
Hideo (g)

The latter seems to be the more common in our own database. On google however:

"伊佐英朗" "ひであき" = 533 ghits
"伊佐英朗" "ひでお" = 4 ghits

..I think Hideaki is probably more likely to be correct in this case, most notable there's key animation credits for both "伊佐ひであき" and "伊佐英朗" on the different episodes of the same show here.

----

Quote:
More than one person has the name 森出剛: Tsuyoshi Moride, Gou Moride

Animators, Tsuyoshi has 5 roles while Gou has only one.

The really odd think is that the the source for Tsuyoshi's given name is given as "Nekojiro-sou Credits", while Cat Soup is that one title that is credited under Gou instead.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:22 am Reply with quote
According to the Japanese wiki and the Hetalia official site, Kazutada TANAKA is now known as Kokoro TANAKA. I'm not sure exactly what the process for this is or whether I have access/authority to do it.
386sky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
These are the credits from Dragon Ball Z movie 1.

Please fix the image!

This image or video has been moved or deleted
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:43 pm Reply with quote
386sky wrote:
Tony K. wrote:
These are the credits from Dragon Ball Z movie 1.

Please fix the image!

This image or video has been moved or deleted

That is because the picture was uploaded to photobucket 5 years ago. When replying to a post that old in a thread this long it helps to provide a link to it.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=152355#152355

--edit--

For that matter - why? They have already been merged. While the site is dead you can clearly see from the email address how her name is supposed to be spelt - [email protected] (common sense is a factor here as well since Saffron is by far the most common spelling and the chances of there being both two people with the same surname and such similar first names in the English anime dubbing industry are vanishingly slim).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:29 am Reply with quote
TEAGUE, Sean Micheal and MICHAEL TEAGUE, Sean.

The latter actually the majority of the credits and other information, but given the lack of a hyphen I assume Michael is a middle name making the former the correct version.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
TEAGUE, Sean Micheal and MICHAEL TEAGUE, Sean.

The latter actually the majority of the credits and other information, but given the lack of a hyphen I assume Michael is a middle name making the former the correct version.

IMDb lists him under "Sean Teague" (with "Sean Michael Teague" as his birth name"). A Google search turns up MySpace and Facebook pages, and a TV.com profile that all likely belong to the same person, but nothing definite regarding his name. I suppose someone could send him a message.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I was going to report that the other day, but I saw it had already been reported. And then an issue was found.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:34 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
IMDb lists him under "Sean Teague" (with "Sean Michael Teague" as his birth name"). A Google search turns up MySpace and Facebook pages, and a TV.com profile that all likely belong to the same person, but nothing definite regarding his name. I suppose someone could send him a message.

I hadn't actually done much research on this one since the error is one of formatting rather than with the name itself
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Veronika NEUGEBAUER
Veronika A. NEUGEBAUER

According to this site and Wikipedia, her full name was "Veronika Aryana Neugebauer".
hashihime

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Aoi Yabusaki
is the former stage name of the seiyuu now known as
Aoi Yuuki

You can tell from the photos on the two ANN pages
and also from Japanese Wikipedia
or by comparing the seiyuu roles list on Aoi Yuuki's official site with the roles played by Aoi Yabusaki

According to ja.Wikipedia, she changed her name when she joined a new agency in August 2007. The roles on the two ANN pages are correct for the names she was known by when she played them.
386sky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quote
wao wrote:
Yazaki has the given kanji which matches with Kenji Hachizaki, http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~RG8S-SZK/hobby/profile.html confirms the Nostradamus entry in Hachizaki. The jobs match since he did work for all TMS/Telecom stuff.

Link gives "Forbidden" page. You've modified Conan staff page by replacing font family with MS PGothic. Refreshing the page replaced MS PGothic with MS Pゴシック
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:16 am Reply with quote
386sky wrote:
wao wrote:
Yazaki has the given kanji which matches with Kenji Hachizaki, http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~RG8S-SZK/hobby/profile.html confirms the Nostradamus entry in Hachizaki. The jobs match since he did work for all TMS/Telecom stuff.

Link gives "Forbidden" page. You've modified Conan staff page by replacing font family with MS PGothic. Refreshing the page replaced MS PGothic with MS Pゴシック

Again, you are replying to a post that is 5 years old, again you haven't linked to it, and again I have no idea why you bring this up since they have already been merged, nor do I have any idea what it is you are trying to say.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:50 am Reply with quote
hashihime wrote:
Aoi Yabusaki
is the former stage name of the seiyuu now known as
Aoi Yuuki

You can tell from the photos on the two ANN pages
and also from Japanese Wikipedia
or by comparing the seiyuu roles list on Aoi Yuuki's official site with the roles played by Aoi Yabusaki

According to ja.Wikipedia, she changed her name when she joined a new agency in August 2007. The roles on the two ANN pages are correct for the names she was known by when she played them.

Her old blog: http://blue.ap.teacup.com/aoilogic/
Profile page: http://6711.teacup.com/aoiyabusaki/prof
While the URL says Yabusaki, the text (currently) says 悠木 碧
It seems a post announcing "I changed my name!" was too much to hope for, or I just can't find it, but the evidence seems strong enough to me. Unfortunately I don't know how the AKA system works and I'm not going to find out by fiddling with it.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:26 am Reply with quote
Steven Jay Blum, David Lucas, and Daniel Andrews are all the same person. I'm sure the voces and his wikipedia article can back me up. Sou if possible, can you merge these together like you did for all the seperate profiles for Stephanie Sheh/Jennifer Sekiguchi/Lulu Chiang/Tiffany Hsieh/Laura Chyu?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 57 of 144