• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic Anime's 2nd Preview Aired

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maciste

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:38 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know how many episodes this will get?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Maciste wrote:
Does anyone know how many episodes this will get?

Its replacing Gundam AGEs timeslot, so probably 50 or so.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little curious about this series; I'm not much for shōnen stuff like what I think this is, but the 1,001 One Nights motif and one or two other things have me a little intrigued.

I'm not sure what to make of the staff. The only work directed by Koji Masunari that I've seen is Read or Die; I liked it, but that was eight years ago and I'm not sure how to evaluate the rest of his œuvre. As for Hiroyuki Yoshino, who is responsible for series composition, well, the only thing I've seen that he had a substantial hand in is Code Geass, which is just a mixed signal. And then there's the fact that he created Qwaser of the Stigmata and was responsible for much of the writing of Dance in the Vampire Bund, so I'll call it a forebodingly diverse résumé.

Ah well, it's not as though I read those as death certificates for the series or anything. I look forward to giving it a chance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know Masunari was directing it. Now I'm a lot more excited about this show, and not just because Gundam Age will finally stop stinking up the "doroku" timeslot that gave us so much better shows.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Im perfectly fine with the staff and while a lot of people on other forums are complaining about the writer i have faith in him since AW has been really good. The new preview was great and i hope we find out whos composing the OST soon.
@ryan Judging by comments the manga ka made about the anime it looks like either 26 or 38 episodes. Im hoping for the latter obviously.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote
You had me until "Hiroyuki Yoshino"…

After Guilty Crown, I'm not very keen on seeing many other things penned by him. His resume is a mixed bag, and though I'll definitely still keep a close eye on Magi, expectations have definitely dropped a little.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
opn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
You had me until "Hiroyuki Yoshino"…

After Guilty Crown, I'm not very keen on seeing many other things penned by him. His resume is a mixed bag, and though I'll definitely still keep a close eye on Magi, expectations have definitely dropped a little.

People really need to calm down about yoshino his adaptions are good (see AW) and the manga ka is closely involved with it.
dollssoulkirie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Since they showed the key visuals of Sinbad, Jafar, Masrur, and Judal in this new promo... It's safe to say that this will at least cover the Balbadd Arc (chapters 32-76).

Well... I know I can't wait for this. I fell in love with the manga and characters some time last year, hoping that it would be animated. Though if the battle animations look good like Mor's from the first promo, I know I won't be too disappointed with the fights. (I dislike how most anime titles with fighting scenes have derpy animations.) I can't wait for the seiyuu list. <3 *fangirls!*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bruce91

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:04 am Reply with quote
dollssoulkirie wrote:
Since they showed the key visuals of Sinbad, Jafar, Masrur, and Judal in this new promo... It's safe to say that this will at least cover the Balbadd Arc (chapters 32-76).

I thought that was already confirmed in the first preview.
spoiler[Alibaba with his amon fire sword & aladdin with solomon powers]
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Definitely interested with Masunari directing, I loved his work on the ROD animes (and others like Kamichu) and he was great at directing action in those.
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Awww...the video has been removed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1