• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
To anyone who's watched/read Kure-nai, please help.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calphite2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
So, I just got finished watching Kure-nai, and I loved it. So, I looked up to see if there was a manga/light novel and there is, but neither has been licensed. As such I'm just going to read the manga online, but I have a question.

I know the ending to the anime is different then what happens in the manga, so where should I start reading from? or are the differences big enough on the whole to make reading the whole manga beneficial.

If the differences aren't too drastic, please just tell me any minor differences you can recall and a starting point in the manga. THANKS!
Key

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote
You're probably better off reading the whole manga. Although I've never read it, based on spoilers about it that I have read, some of the characterizations are quite different in the manga version compared to the anime version. Check out this Wikipedia entry for the series to get a breakdown on the differences.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
You're probably better off reading the whole manga. Although I've never read it, based on spoilers about it that I have read, some of the characterizations are quite different in the manga version compared to the anime version. Check out this Wikipedia entry for the series to get a breakdown on the differences.

Or if you want to just jump in the deep end and see how different, you can watch the Kurenai OVA series which I think is based off the manga or something. It was quite different from the previous anime series. spoiler[I seriously had no idea what the hell was going on when I watched it. Laughing ]
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote
The OVA was bundled with the manga, so like the Negima OADs it is implied that you are familiar with the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
As an anime-only Kurenai fan, I had no problem with the OVAs despite their different art style and somewhat different take on the story. All of the events take place after the conclusion of the anime adaptation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1