• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New ABC Jetix Schedule

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:45 am Reply with quote
Saw the summary for Shinzo. Guess the writers were fans of Crystalis.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:21 am Reply with quote
It would appear that Disney has picked up Foxkids, now called Jetix, in the UK. They have picked up that "Monkey, Force Go". One good thing is that Jetix is now TXing the rest of the "Adobe" arc of "Shamen King".
Here is a daily list of their broadcast day;

01:30 - 02:00 Ship To Shore
02:30 - 03:00 The World of Tosh
03:00 - 03:30 Beetleborgs
03:30 - 04:00 VR Troopers
04:00 - 06:00 Power Rangers back-to-back
06:00 - 06:30 X-Men
06:30 - 07:00 Spider-Man
07:00 - 07:30 Dino Thunder
07:30 - 08:00 Sonic X
08:00 - 08:30 Goosebumps
08:30 - 09:00 Martin Mystery
09:00 - 15:00 Sonic X
15:00 - 15:30 Dino Thunder
15:30 - 16:00 Sonic X
16:00 - 16:30 Goosebumps
16:30 - 17:00 Martin Mystery
17:00 - 17:30 Black Hole High
17:30 - 18:00 Totally Spies
18:00 - 18:30 Robot Wars
18:30 - 19:00 Shin Chan
19:00 - 19:30 Sonic X
19:30 - 21:00 Christmas Movies
21:00 - 22:00 Shaman King
22:00 - 22:30 M.A.S.K.
22:30 - 23:00 Ulysses 31
23:00 - 23:30 Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
23:30 - 01:30 Power Rangers back-to-back

I've seen Shinzo when it was on UK's Nickleodean. It was obviously chopped to bits with entire episodes missing. Made no sence at all when it finished. Rolling Eyes
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:22 am Reply with quote
I'm curious about W.I.T.C.H. since it doesn't look as annoying as the Winx Club and the character designs of W.I.T.C.H looks pretty decent.
Requiem

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:24 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I'm curious about W.I.T.C.H. since it doesn't look as annoying as the Winx Club and the character designs of W.I.T.C.H looks pretty decent.

I wasn't that impressed with the show after I saw the preview episode that aired in November (nothing better to watch.) But take my opinon on it with a grain of salt.

Mohawk52 wrote:
I've seen Shinzo when it was on UK's Nickleodean. It was obviously chopped to bits with entire episodes missing. Made no sence at all when it finished. Rolling Eyes

I beleive the dub was done by Saban.... pretty much explains why it ended up making no sense Razz
DAngel17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Do you know when Jetix will be geting more new "shamen King" episodes?
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:29 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Saw the summary for Shinzo. Guess the writers were fans of Crystalis.

Or Sailor Moon's Doom Tree arc.

I remember watching the initial run of Shinzo. It was pretty okay. Yakumo (if that's the lead girl's name) looked a lot like Milly Thompson and Mushra looked like el Battousai at times, if not all the time. At least I can continue the running gag of Kutal trying to eat the Mon Colle Knights ^__^;
aisasami

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Saw this about a month ago.

Not going to expect anything but PR (The movie will air at the end of this month).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Shinzo, I had totally forgotten about that one. Maybe Monster Rancher does stand a chance of making a come back on ABC Family.

DAngel17 wrote:
Do you know when Jetix will be geting more new "shamen King" episodes?

Jetix doesn't show Shaman King in the US. FoxBox might be getting new episodes in the coming weeks, but I'm only guessing since all of their other shows are coming back with new episodes over the next few weeks.

Mohawk52 wrote:
Here is a daily list of their broadcast day;

What the hell? M.A.S.K!? Jayce!? Damn, why doesn't anyone show these over here!? Cartoon Network needs to start picking up 80's classics again! Anime hyper

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
What the hell? M.A.S.K!? Jayce!? Damn, why doesn't anyone show these over here!? Cartoon Network needs to start picking up 80's classics again! Anime hyper

Emerje

I agree Emerje, CN NEEDS to pick up these shows, especially since they're SO darned hard to find on tape, if they are even available on video tape, I recently saw that C.O.P.S. was on DVD on Amazon's website awhile back, M.A.S.K. and Jayce both need/warrant a DVD release, along with Voltron!(Come on WEP give us SOME news about the show! I found a test reel animation clip for the new Voltron toon being made, if you want I can link you guys to it).

OT: Just thought I'd point out that the "Commander Keith" that pointed this info out is me.(who is still unable to change his email address to his new one on here.) Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:56 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately, it looks like CN has a policy (or at least it looks like it) of not showing non-anime cartoons 5 years old or more. I mean, I know there's Boomerang for older stuff, but the line can't be that far up, can it?
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:18 am Reply with quote
Nah, they were showning GIJoe not too long ago, and within the last few years they were showing shows like Thundercats and Silverhawks. It seems they'd just rather not bother with a hassle of licensing these older shows and would prefer to only work with the newest titles. Sucks...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:22 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Unfortunately, it looks like CN has a policy (or at least it looks like it) of not showing non-anime cartoons 5 years old or more. I mean, I know there's Boomerang for older stuff, but the line can't be that far up, can it?

That doesn't explain why they air old crap like Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry. By these two being shown, they simply make their policy a moot point.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:
Joe Mello wrote:

That doesn't explain why they air old crap like Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry. By these two being shown, they simply make their policy a moot point.

You have a VERY good point there, Haiseikoh! CN says they do not wish to air anything as old as MSG 0079, yet here they are showing Scooby-Doo which aired in the 60's and 70's, go figure. Laughing Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
CN says they do not wish to air anything as old as MSG 0079, yet here they are showing Scooby-Doo which aired in the 60's and 70's, go figure. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry draw ratings. All the other "old school" cartoons that aren't as successful were relegated to another network to get them out of the way. Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, and any other old anime that isn't steeped in 80's nostalgia does not draw ratings. And considering how Boomerang is made for old cartoons that still generate nostalgia with an older crowd, these 70s-era anime wouldn't work there, either.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry draw ratings. All the other "old school" cartoons that aren't as successful were relegated to another network to get them out of the way. Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, and any other old anime that isn't steeped in 80's nostalgia does not draw ratings.

Actually, I heard that Lupin III was doing very good in the ratings on Adult Swim, and it supposedly has a loyal following.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2