• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hetalia's 5th Series Slated for January 25

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote
Until my country Czechoslovakia makes an appearance I'm not interested. Considering some of the other countries that have made it on there, not to mention the countries rich history (Prague was the seat of the Holy Roman Empire at one point), and the jokes you could make by making the countries Czech Republic and Slovakia twins or siblings, or even a divorced couple dont know why they haven't used it yet.
kanechin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:24 am Reply with quote
Hetalia season 5: The beautiful "backyard". Catchphrase= For the fujoshi!

At least it isn't more yuruyuri.
Oraculo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Until my country Czechoslovakia makes an appearance I'm not interested. Considering some of the other countries that have made it on there, not to mention the countries rich history (Prague was the seat of the Holy Roman Empire at one point), and the jokes you could make by making the countries Czech Republic and Slovakia twins or siblings, or even a divorced couple don't know why they haven't used it yet.

Even though I'll be watching, I second the motion for introducing Czech & Slovak characters! Wink I like the idea of siblings, although, historically speaking, they would also have to be related in one way or another to most of the surrounding countries… which of course could add to the aforementioned jokes! Anime catgrin
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:25 am Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:

At least it isn't more yuruyuri.

Would it kill people who aren't fans of a specific category of genre entertainment to not be dicks about things they aren't interested in, especially when the thread is about their preferred show getting its fifth [expletive] season?
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
@ Oraculo
There have been sketches for the Czechoslovakia twins but I don't think these are official so odds are they won’t make it in I’m afraid.

I wish the article would mention the length; are they still 5 minute shorts or will they be 25 minutes (like an actual episode)? I like the change in character designs; much closer to Himaruya’s art. Great that the orignal cast will return!

I would love to see Mongolia (think of the conquest jokes they could make with China!!) or more African countries like Cameroon or the other countries mentioned in the Gakuen Hetalia video game. Vietnam, who was introduced in Vol. 4 I think, would have been a great addtion as well. And then there are the German States, Japan’s Feudal clans, England’s three brothers, more micronatioins. Plus, there’s the Christmas Bloodbath arc, the Buon San Valentino arc, the April Fool’s Day arc…[insert rambling here]
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I wish the article would mention the length; are they still 5 minute shorts or will they be 25 minutes (like an actual episode)? I like the change in character designs; much closer to Himaruya’s art. Great that the orignal cast will return!

Ditto! Love the new designs~ And it was because of them that I was wondering the same thing about the length of the episodes... I mean, if the animation itself is a little better, surely they'd make them longer right? ... Probably not though...

Anyways, still so so friggin' happy for this!
Can. Not. Wait.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I'll fully admit that I haven't even finished season 1, nor have I read the manga, but I kinda prefer the older designs. These seem a little over-the-top pretty for what I presume will still be a comedy. Maybe when it's actually in motion I'll like them a little better?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1