• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Linebarrels of Iron to Be Involved in 'Big Project'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Maybe this time it'll be something that doesn't suck, but let's not go crazy now. I could think of several dozen things I'd look forward to more than this.
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:15 pm Reply with quote

But...that anime was unbelievably crappy...
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Say what you will, but I liked the Anime. The whole, hero but not so heroic actions make the show seem more "realistic".... but hey it's anime and it has to be over blown, stereotyped/moe and run in the same formula all the time or it sucks.
Thus we get people dissing Toradora for not being so "predictable" like most anime in it's Genre are, even though they state it in different terms.

Man people, learn to enjoy the show for what it has, not for what you would like to see it have. Just because it doesn't fallow the manga doesn't make it automatic crap.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I've never read the manga, wouldn't be bothered one bit if moe went completely out of fashion tomorrow, like Toradora a whole lot, and... I still found this show to be completely insufferable. I can't enjoy a show for what it has, when what it has is the power to make me want to stop watching.

Last edited by hissatsu01 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Linebarrels hasn't been in a Super Robot Wars game yet right? That's usually what it means when a giant robot becomes involved in a "big project".

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote
The anime sucked period and thankfully bombed in Japan. The manga on the other hand is much better. It's a shame the anime was adapted by Gonzo any other studio would have done a better job than what Gonzo did.
Kaiterra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:21 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Linebarrels hasn't been in a Super Robot Wars game yet right? That's usually what it means when a giant robot becomes involved in a "big project".

Darn, I wanted to be the first to point that out. I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for Linebarrels in SRW, but it meaning that there's another SRW is plenty enough for me to be happy about.
Tuskus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:35 am Reply with quote
Considering it's already been adapted as an anime, I'd say it's probably going to be in Super Robot Wars.
s.alsa-man1991

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:49 am Reply with quote
Kaiterra wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Darn, I wanted to be the first to point that out. I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for Linebarrels in SRW, but it meaning that there's another SRW is plenty enough for me to be happy about.

Banpresto's rule is to wait three years after the anime has finished airing, so yeah, this is probably it. If they released an SRW game with Code Geass, Evangelion and Linebarrles of Iron robots in it, I'd buy it in a flash.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Given the nature of Linebarells, if it is SRW, I'd wager they'd go all in and get Bokurano and Gurren Lagann and have the theme be the extreames of Hope and Dispair.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Say what you will, but I liked the Anime. The whole, hero but not so heroic actions make the show seem more "realistic".... but hey it's anime and it has to be over blown, stereotyped/moe and run in the same formula all the time or it sucks.
Thus we get people dissing Toradora for not being so "predictable" like most anime in it's Genre are, even though they state it in different terms.

Man people, learn to enjoy the show for what it has, not for what you would like to see it have. Just because it doesn't fallow the manga doesn't make it automatic crap.

No kidding. I also liked the anime as well.

Most of use who are mecha junkies as already seen those boys with hero aspects in lots of others animes : like Shinji (Eva) , Renton (Eureka7) Kaskui (Dual) , Simon and almost every single antionginst in every single Gundam series.

but DAMN! This lead is the definite complete opposite , which made the series for me interesting and worthwile and a fresh take on the series.

In my view he's probably the first main boy lead in a mecha that's mostly an anti-hero unlike the others , and people loves to hate anti heroes. Sure when it comes to it , he's completely inferior to Desert Punk's Kenta when it comes to being the ultimate anti hero lead and having everyone hating the character with a passion , but he fits as a anti hero rather decently. and the fanservice for me is also a plus.

Sure the hero thing for mecha series is good and all , but the genere needs more lead anti heroes in the mecha at times too

I'm definitely looking forward to more info on this project, but my main concern is when in the heck is the manga gonna get licensed for the US???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:35 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:

No kidding. I also liked the anime as well.

Most of use who are mecha junkies as already seen those boys with hero aspects in lots of others animes : like Shinji (Eva) , Renton (Eureka7) Kaskui (Dual) , Simon and almost every single antionginst in every single Gundam series.

but DAMN! This lead is the definite complete opposite , which made the series for me interesting and worthwile and a fresh take on the series.

In my view he's probably the first main boy lead in a mecha that's mostly an anti-hero unlike the others , and people loves to hate anti heroes. Sure when it comes to it , he's completely inferior to Desert Punk's Kenta when it comes to being the ultimate anti hero lead and having everyone hating the character with a passion , but he fits as a anti hero rather decently. and the fanservice for me is also a plus.

Sure the hero thing for mecha series is good and all , but the genere needs more lead anti heroes in the mecha at times too

I'm definitely looking forward to more info on this project, but my main concern is when in the heck is the manga gonna get licensed for the US???

I got another one (mecha anti hero), Lelouch in Code Geass, but in the end he ends up being a hero, so he is a bit of a mix of Anti-hero and more of a selfless hero near then end.

BTW, I agree 100% with what you said.

Also, to hissatsu01, I'm more directing this at the people that hate the anime for how it's not like the manga, which in your chase that isn't a factor, you just painly didn't like the show. Which is fine, you can't like every show out there, you are bound to dislike a few, and Linebarrel happened to be in that few for you.

Now, all those people that say the anime sucks because it doesn't fallow the manga word for word, that are the ones that I was directing my comment to. I mean I remember when Funimation licensed Vampire Bund and there was so many people complaining about how it doesn't fallow the Manga..... name one Vampire show that does? Not one, Karin adds a whole new character in the anime, but I enjoyed the show slightly more then the manga (manga was awesome, very good ending), Rosario + Vampire the anime is all about the ecchi and the manga is also about the ecchi but when it gets in to action is can compete with bleach.

So you see, the manga has it's own objective and the anime has it's own objective, the more they corresponded and travel in the same direction the better, but if they don't doesn't mean one sucks because it's not like the other. Most of the time anime is made after the manga, and the changes in the anime are changes that the Mangka thought would make the story better, but didn't think of it 5 years ago. Which, makes the anime a more thought out and current version of the story.

Take Black Cat for example, the manga and anime are different but it all matters how you want the story to play out. If you want it to focus more on a group of characters and like long stories of how the characters met then the manga is the choice for you. If you want it to be more about the fights and realism then the anime is for you. Both are good and you can enjoy both, not for the similarities but for the contrasts..... that's right contrasts are good sometimes, it helps you see that the story could have went like this and this is how it would have turned out.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:

While I agree with your statement, I don't agree with your example. Toradora was in fact pretty predictable, at some point it almost made me think that they wouldn't go spoiler[for the formula of "oh, the protagonists end up falling in love with each other while trying to help each other with someone else", but then they actually did that, and in a pretty rushy way (Taiga's feelings were much more developed than Ryuuji's; the last few episodes were worse than the whole series till that point). It would have been really nice if for once the main lead didn't need to end up with the female lead, even more so after the really nice build up Minorin and him were having (like that scene where he states that she's like the sun and then she appears with the actual sun over her head...if I remember right)...but in the end, they went for the usual thing.]
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:12 am Reply with quote
In case you missed it, the project appears to have been Super Robot Wars L for the DS. Also said to be adding new stuff from Evangelion, Macross Frontier, and Dancougar Neo.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:39 am Reply with quote
"L" huh? Alright!.

Seems to be like the last one since it has Gaiking, Godannar, SEED Destinyand New Jeeg again, but it's nice to see MAcross and Eva.

What is the green/whitemech? (not Eureka)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2