• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Dororororosario!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:
yes, the manga is more or less about him trying to become human again.

Ah I see, fascinating.
RayV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Rosario had to do a 'reboot' due to the Magazine change. I think the old one went out of print?

So the author had to do a 'refresh' of the characters since it might be a different set of readers
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Youkai Warrior wrote:
She is nuts if she thinks only fundamentalist Christians would be against incest, many religions and ethnic groups are. Heck, she should read Zac's review of Kiss x Sis, (they're not even related by blood, but he still thought it was gross.)

Um, she doesn't. The lead couple in Angel Sanctuary come from a Catholic family, mostly so that they can have characters familiar with all the angel names she's about to throw around. If you look at how Setsuna's classmates' reactions, she hardly thinks the condemnation of incest is exclusive to Christianity. Mostly the series uses incest as a way of contrasting legalistic morality that makes snap-judgments based on rigid rules with a more flexible ethic of love that considers the human perspective.

And then you have to contrast it with The Cain Saga and its sequel, wherein incest isn't romanticized at all. I'm seriously getting creepy shudders thinking about that series and some of its twisted relationships.

I'm not defending Yuki Kaori's works as necessarily grand masterpieces; I like them but they aren't perfect, nor could I ever get into Fairy Cube. My biggest gripe with her is that she lets her casts get inflated to a point where it can be hard to keep track of everyone. Angel Sanctuary in particular got ridiculously convoluted by its finale. Her uber-shoujo style, with all the flowing hair and pretty faces, also lacks the ability to create a cast of snowflakes, ala Fullmetal Alchemist or 20th Century Boys; some characters can be hard to tell apart as a result.

Ah, I guess I misunderstood. I never actually read any of Kaori Yuki's works. Her works just didn't interest me. I prefer other manga, and when it comes to dark and gothic, I go for Gothic Literature from great works of literature. Kaori Yuki's stuff just seemed liked fodder, no offense to anyone.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:28 pm Reply with quote
maaya wrote:
Quote:
Anyone care to recommend some J-dramas worth checking out this spring?
Do you mean those that started right now or in general some dramas to watch during this spring? Very Happy The Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (the Wallflower) drama version should still be airing I think, else I can recommend a few that have already finished but are definitely worth watching
Yeah, I also could recommend a ton of older titles but can't say I'm following anything very current. Last thing I watched as it was fansubbed was last winter's Ohitorisama which was fair but I've seen the concept (older woman/younger man/workplace romance) done better elsewhere (see: Suppli a.k.a. Sapuri, imo). All I'm planning to start for the current season is actually a K- drama, Oh! My Lady, mainly because I think Chae Rim is adorable and I loved her as the titular character in Dal Ja's Spring. In O!ML she's a single mother who becomes a housekeeper/assistant (not sure yet) to a young popstar/actor whose ego is inversely proportionate to his talent, played by one of the SuperJunior boys men.

Oh-- I'm also trying to work up the courage to tackle Ryoma Den which is currently airing. While I love Fukuyama Masaharu something fierce for Galileo alone, I'm always intimidated by the length/complexity of Taiga dramas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Pretty much agree w/ you on Season II. Koko's moe little sister gimmick adds nothing interesting to the story. And even though the girls are visually distinct, what made them interesting was that they were genetically different. [I.E. different types of monsters.] Do we really need to have two vampires [Or is it vampiresses?] as main characters now? And it seems to be going for more the ecchi-type jokes than slightly risque, but cute, comedy. So there must be something about Jump Square, because Kurohime, Claymore, and Rosario all seem to be less interesting now that they got transferred over to a different mag.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2