• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ghost in the shell 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Has the ghost in the shell: man machine interface come out yet. You know the collection of all the seperate issues just like the first one?
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Yes it has. It's in the same format as the recently reprinted GitS TPB.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Yep, I seen it yesterday at Walden Books. I really wish it wasnt' wrapped up so I can see what the artwork is like. Apparently there's a lot of naked ladies in it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NetDiver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I did a quick check of the new TPB at my local comic store and I didn't notice any difference in artwork or any additional material to the montly series. I remind you that it was quick check, so by all means prove me wrong Wink.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:14 pm Reply with quote
which one whats TPB?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I couldnt find the second one the TBP (thats the one that holds all the volumes together in one book right?) at my local store. I might have to order it but on a website like amazon.com they say they dont have it yet. Whats up with that?
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote
Weird i cannot seem to locate it either? that kinde of freaks me out, my comic store usualy has every thing. however i have seen a copy and the art is the same.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Heh, my comic book store has sh*t. I don't even bother looking there. My only recommendation: try Waldens and Borders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tequila

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I suggest to get the TPB too because the single issues are heavily edited. The TPB has the sexy Rolling Eyes introductory chapter intact, but not the questionable images and I doubt these will ever be released. This chapter is presumably not even in the japanese "normal" tankoubon but in a "special edition".

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/juzzam1/gits2.htm
http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=13-288
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Motoko is so hot.

I don't think the single issues were ever edited. I browsed through one a long time and there was plenty of...hot stuff.
Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I think it sucks when people edit things. Man! I still haven't found the manga at any stores Mad
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I never remember anything about edits for GitS2 either, but I may be wrong. The comicbook market was diffrent back then, and since GitS was originally aimed at comicbook fans, they had to compromise, just like they had to do with Gunsmith Cats, otherwise it would be harder to sell.
Tequila

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I dont want to publish false information but I remember reading a lenghty article on the internet on behalf of edits in the single issues. But I dont seem to find it again Embarassed

But then on my first link it states that there are 304 pages in the japanese TPB. On the Darkhorse link it says its 312 pages. Suppose these 8 additional pages are not advertisements Rolling Eyes it would be the length of the introduction ..

The TPB is much nicer anyways than the flabby single issues. Wink
slickwataris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Tequila, no American publisher starts off on page one. Those additional pages are just title pages and publishing info. There is no "new" pages.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Got it Last Night.

For starters, the Artwork looks very nice and fluid. It's alsmot ike a cheaper version of Intron Depot.

Edit wise, dunno, never finished yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2