• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Hiding wrong kanji for Yoshie KIMOTO (#54182)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Yoshie KIMOTO (15 credits for animation) currently has a kanji name of 木 淑恵.

While these kanji could be read as KIMOTO Yoshie, the person's surname has been flagged by Shiroi Hane because
Quote:
No source given, and all viable source links (including the oldest and newest) give the kanji as 木元.

I just added another credit for 木 淑恵 in Nagasarete Airantou there and noted this in the source string.

Please hide the kanji surname of Yoshie KIMOTO.

Last edited by Devil Doll on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:49 am; edited 4 times in total
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:01 am Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:

Please hide the kanji surname of Yoshie KIMOTO.

Done.

Checking on this, the user submitted the kanji name while adding her credit for Blood+. I tried using either kanji name in combination with Blood+ on Google, but neither turned up any Japanese credit transcripts. It's possible there may not be any posted online, and that 木本 is the actual credit in that show (someone with Blood+ would have to confirm). Even so, it's likely just a credit error since it's probably still the same person (does Key Animation like the other credits and only one kanji is off).
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:29 am Reply with quote
Family name 木元 set.

There doesn't seem to be any kanji source for the (low-level) Blood+ credits in the WWW as searching for the anime title and any single key animator mostly results in 0 Google hits.

Then again, this could mean that some more of these kanji for Blood+ staff have been contributed wrong.

Kouichiro KAWANO (河野 絋一郎, no source) might be another candidate, flagged in the same way but not yet checked systematically as he has ca. 30 credits of which I contributed 3, all with kanji
河野 一郎 (1 ENAMDICT reading: Kouichirou) instead of
河野 一郎 (0 ENAMDICT readings) which looks like a screen reading error (ANN is almost the only Google hit for these kanji).

Last edited by Devil Doll on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Blood+ has never (and apparently is unlikely ever to) been released here and I've never seen it all but, for things like this where there is no other source there is another option as I do have a huge archive of fansubs and raw TV-rips going back years, including things I have never actually watched a single episode of (what can I saw, I have some compulsion and completionist issues). Problem is, it is all on spindles and none of it is sorted (other than vaguely in date order) and there's no guarantee they are all still readable - but the option is there if it is important and I have the time and energy.

--edit--

The Blood+ episode 23 credits do say 木本:

(I can't find them in the episode 29 credits at all though, however they are identical the the credits on my copy of episode 28 so there may have been an error with the broadcast or with the encode or something)

It is perfectly plausible that the person creating the credit sequence picked the wrong suggestion when typing in the name.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

It is perfectly plausible that the person creating the credit sequence picked the wrong suggestion when typing in the name.

Yeah, that's what I'm guessing is the case here. It seems doubtful it's a separate person, though at least that confirms where the alternate kanji came from.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote
I just wonder how many persons at ANN have their kanji name from the Blood+ videos...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1