• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seitokai Yakuindomo's Next Anime DVD Slated For October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
How many Seitokai Yakuindomo anime dvds have been released with new manga volumes by now? By now, there probably isn't any need for a new regularly-airing season, huh? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
How many Seitokai Yakuindomo anime dvds have been released with new manga volumes by now? By now, there probably isn't any need for a new regularly-airing season, huh? Laughing

Seems to be what they're going for with some series, like this and KissXSis. Sell it with the manga volumes, keep production from dying. The OVA market in general seems to be more or less dead, and what little there is must always be tied to something larger, like Gundam, Hellsing, Black Lagoon, or GitS. Stand-alone original OVAs are long since dead.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Animerican14 wrote:

Seems to be what they're going for with some series, like this and KissXSis. Sell it with the manga volumes, keep production from dying. The OVA market in general seems to be more or less dead, and what little there is must always be tied to something larger, like Gundam, Hellsing, Black Lagoon, or GitS. Stand-alone original OVAs are long since dead.

I'm fine with this in all honesty however I will disagree with stand alone ova's in case with higurashi's squeal series rei and kira.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1