• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuki Midorikawa's Hotarubi no Mori e Manga Gets Anime Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:28 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, I remember reading this at one point and I thought it was rather short, too short to make into a whole movie. Oh well, still plan to see it if I can!
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quote
I don't read many manga one shots but I read this on someone's recommendation and it is absolutely wonderful. I never thought this story would be animated.

With this news and the news about more Natsume it might be more happy news I can take. Surprised
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm noticing the exact same team that is doing Natsume is working on this one. My guess is that they plan to bundle this movie with the Natsume third season when they release it on DVD/Blu-ray in Japan.

It is very similar in tone to Natsume. Very poignant and beautiful little story, and yes, very short. I can't see the running time being over 45 minutes given the source material.
H0shi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I love this manga so much!!!!!!!!!

Guess this will be released as an OVA, since the manga was very short (and tearjerking)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1