• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - C+C Anime Factory

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Man Blood C takes a really weird development. Compare the bright opening and the death scenes and you will start laughing... (I didn't laugh but you get the idea) The violence of Blood + and Last Vampire looks subtle in comparison to what happens in the last one. Even the author of Gantz would not believe it. It's so disturbing that I don't know what was Clamp thinking when writing this. Also, Watanuki from xxxHolic makes a strange cameo but nothing happens.

Last edited by sainta on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if the Blood-C movie will be able to salvage this...."TV series". Heh, I've just realized the movie trailer gave me Psycho Pass vibes since it shares the same director. Anyways, Blood-C and probably Another are pretty much proof that Tsutomu Mizushima cannot direct straight horror; he's better off doing comedies or even dark comedies.
Shinn AsukaGSD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Honestly thats one of blood-c greatest moments the twist and turns during the last episodes,my mind was fucked whats wrong with beautiful characters on screen i doubt anybody want to see ugly characters playing main characters,i know its harsh to say but its true.blood-c is a slice of life anume from the start and ends up turning into hell breaks loose show.i recommend plp picking this up,the reviewer just does not no a good story.plus putting strike witches a heavy fan service show above blood-c says a lot from the reviewer.tell me could you honestly watch strike witches with family members or friends in a big sreen hd tv or blood-c?
danilo07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I wonder if the Blood-C movie will be able to salvage this...."TV series". Heh, I've just realized the movie trailer gave me Psycho Pass vibes since it shares the same director. Anyways, Blood-C and probably Another are pretty much proof that Tsutomu Mizushima cannot direct straight horror; he's better off doing comedies or even dark comedies.

I consider both Blood-C and Another to be really great comedies.Maybe Mizushima tries to make all his other comedies serious but just fails at it.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
When I watched the infamous two episodes of Blood-C, I realized: "I just saw a longer, more bloody and expensive version of Martial Hearts."

Seriously, it's like the director saw MH and said, "Idea!" At least MH had the decency to end at five awful episodes.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Well actually Bamboo, CLAMP contributed to more to Blood-C than just character designs. They're largely responsible for the concept and story.

So...really. That explains a whole lot.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I gotta say I hated Blood-C with a passion. spoiler[ I mean aside from the over the top crap that is the last few episodes I hate the fact that they try to play this off as this Saya being the original Saya from the Blood: THe last Vampire film. It's laughable. Despite having her memories erased she is nothing like the original Saya and even once she regains her memeries she still isn't much like the original Saya she just seems like this crappy Saya who is angry. That aside the world itself is way to out there to be thee original Saya. The Original movie implied that all the monsters could look human but when transformed looked similar with only one differing a bit to fly. This pile has the most over the top cartoony monsters for her to fight that it just doesn't fit.

Also the last few episodes with the insane amount of violence disturbed me to be honest. I mean I have seen violence. I watched and to a degree enjoyed Elfen Lied but even that didn't leave me as disgusted as Blood C does. The excessive violence is basically there for no reason other then to disgust you and I hate crap like that. It doesn't have anything deeper to say or a message to get across it just makes you wanna vomit.]

Sorry for that bit of a rant there but honestly I just couldn't stand this show and had to get it off my chest. How the hell the franchise can go from something so fantastic to this horrible pile of crap is beyond me.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I kind of liked the massive contempt the creators had for their characters. The whole is a massive waste unless you like senseless violence, and I went through it so I could prepare for the film. If you want to see lots of ridiculous gore, that's pretty much the only selling point, and it does it quite well. I freeze-framed along through some shots to see exactly what they animated, it moves way too fast at normal speed to really appreciate. For my personal tastes, I think the ultimate scenes in the last episode were some of the strongest, and made me excited for the movie. But yeah, can't recommended this to anyone unless they enjoyed Devilman and Violence Jack.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Bamboo's review isn't quite as delicious (or vitriolic) as the Blood-C review on Colony Drop, but it's enjoyable. It's a shame, though: I really, really like the character design in Blood C (it makes up for CLAMP's previous efforts in Code Geass). It's a shame that, y'know, they can't write.

This brings to mind how Funimation's tagline for Blood-C (advertised on this very site!) was "The Most Appropriately-Named Anime of 2012!". Have a hard time finding something positive to say about this series, did we?
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Damnably, though, they don't dive into any of the issues they raised in season one about the Neurois, which is the very reason I was looking forward to season two. In the first season, towards the end, we were led to believe that there was something a lot more complex and possibly misunderstood about these giant alien creatures.

Amen sister. Originally I was curious about the first Strike Witches season because of all the hoopla about it. But after becoming numb to most of the crazy fanservice, the plot lines in the show surprisingly started to grab a hold of me.

Then we have
Quote:
In season two, any interesting questions that were raised about the Neurois were erased and forgotten

Which was my greatest disappointment with the show. The battles were still fun to watch, but the story lined devolved to a "meh". At least Funimation was able to license it and bring it over, so I am still glad for that.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:44 pm Reply with quote
After a terrible experience with Blood+, I made the executive decision to stay away from Blood-C even though CLAMP was doing the character designs. Hearing negative reactions from other people and reading this review made me glad that I did.

I managed to get about four episodes into C-Control before I gave up. The only reason I held out so long was because I loved Masakaki, and I was really excited to hear Asano Mayumi voice a role as Jennifer since it'd been a while. Unfortunately they just weren't enough to keep me going because the show was so muddled and dull otherwise.
b4k4ni04

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Looking at C - Control, through the economic technobabble and shiny visuals, was a tale of Future vs Present.

Do we throw away the present for the hope a solution in the future? Or do we cast away that hopeful ideal to work and fight for a solution in the here and now?

*shrugs* That's what I took away from it.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Blood+ is Shakespearean theater in comparison.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for the Blood-C movie to be subbed soon to to see if it can avenge the anime series since that was just a train wreck imo. Also, the appearance of Strike Witches reminds me of the current ongoing Vividred Operation.

Other than that, excellent collection there
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:18 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Maybe Mizushima tries to make all his other comedies serious but just fails at it.

If you've seen Dokuro-chan, Punie-chan, Azazel-san, Squid Girl, Hare+Guu, or Kemeko DX then I don't think you'd agree. The only comedy where Mizushima plays it serious is one that the manga its adapted from plays it seriously (to hilarious effect), Legend of Koizumi

Anyway, I posted in both the Blood C and Another announcement threads here on ANN how whoever decided to get Mizushima to direct was a moron because the dude is a mastermind of comedy, particularly dark/morbid comedy. Though he recently showed with Girls und Panzer that he can do some cute-girls-doing-cute-things show extremely well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6