• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ixion Saga DT Episodes 13-25 Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote
This show is definitely an all-time favorite comedy with me. Furthermore, Jun Fukuyama's work as Marian is exceptional. I think he should voice all transitioning transgendered characters in anime from now on. a pitch-perfect(literally, hah) performance(I'm sure he can do it in serious roles, too).
jsc315

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:37 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree. While I am a little behind on this show, this is one of the best written comedies I've seen in a anime. I normally do not like comedies but this one has something special about it that keeps me coming back and keeps making me laugh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote
In the end I found it to be too uneven and shallow to be great, but it was definitely enjoyable. The jokes were definitely spread a little too thin though.
NeoBasch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I thought this was one of the worst animes I had ever seen. I stopped after the 12th episode. lol I don't know how people made it past that.
jymmy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
There was something about this one that made it stand out to me. I thought it was pretty good, if uneven. I agree with Rebecca though in that the 70s cop episode was great.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I don't really think about who voices what in anime, even if they are very prolific, unless they have a really distinctive voice, but I've been in the middle of a Working/Wagnaria rewatch this past week and it just hit me that one of Jun Fukuyama's other roles is also Souta Takanashi... who is forced into the occasional cross-dressing... So I guess Marian is just the logical evolution of Kotori-chan. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear some props for the voice acting as that is definitely one of the high points of the series. Some episodes were funnier than others but overall the series was enjoyable. Love the ED (pun not intended) animation for "Stand Up! ED." Chibi Incognito is adorable and it's so nice to see Erec sama happy for once. Anime hyper

I'll point out that the director mentioned at the event a couple weeks before the last episode that while the main characters had been aiming to get to Olvidia, during the run he was told by Capcom that the characters can't get there. ^^; I'm assuming in the game it's not a place characters can go. Oops.
Stretch24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:39 am Reply with quote
My two favorite episodes were the one about the origins of Incognito, and the first season one where the Incognito members argue about which one of them most deserves the title 'Eric's Right Hand Man'.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1