• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion 3.0 Ends Theatrical Run with 5.26 Billion Yen

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:33 am Reply with quote
So it has earned more than 2.0. Goes to show it matters not it's a major clusterfuq, Anno takes your money nonetheless. Twisted Evil
Trustilotous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:06 am Reply with quote
Finally got to watch it last night; hard to say what I think of it. The whole thing was such an info-dump, with everything being so utterly different from the show (so much for Lilith, and what happened to the angels?), but I'm intrigued and hoping that in the fourth movie they will make full sense of it all, because from what I could discern of what happened during our 14 year "blind spot," some pretty interesting things happened.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:19 am Reply with quote
Up until now each film has brought in more than the previous one. I think the next movie being the last one will help keep this trend going despite mixed reviews for this one.
Jetto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Studio khara. I was overdue for a mind f*ck.

I am completely disgusted by how spoiler[Shinji is treated like complete and utter garbage the entire time. No one seems to care to tell him what happened. If they were witholding the info for some dramatic payoff it would have been ok, but they just pretty much treated him like trash the entire time and reverted the character development he went through in the first two movies. Welcome back, baka shinji...]
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Jetto wrote:
Thanks Studio khara. I was overdue for a mind f*ck.

I am completely disgusted by how spoiler[Shinji is treated like complete and utter garbage the entire time. No one seems to care to tell him what happened. If they were witholding the info for some dramatic payoff it would have been ok, but they just pretty much treated him like trash the entire time and reverted the character development he went through in the first two movies. Welcome back, baka shinji...]

Kaworu and Fuyutsuki told him what happened and what Gendo is trying to pull. And Shinji was always treated like crap by Asuka and Gendo, this movie just adds Misato--but it still shows that she cares for him since she didn't blow up his head when given the chance Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Jetto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
looking at your avatar. i can see it's pointless to argue with you. I'll just say I was disappointed.

didn't hate the movie. Didn't love it either.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Please try not to spoil the hell out of the film in this thread. Yeesh.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Jetto wrote:
looking at your avatar. i can see it's pointless to argue with you. I'll just say I was disappointed.

didn't hate the movie. Didn't love it either.

Im not arguing lol, Im just saying that after watching the movie a few times you start to like it. (after a few re-runs it actually feels that not too much stuff was left out and you absorb more info than on the 1st viewing). But everyone is subjected to their own opinions--and my avatar has nothing to do with this Evil or Very Mad
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I hated the movie. So much random crap for the hell of it. So many turns away from big and little things that made me really like the tv series. Just so much crap.

Does ANN have an actual spoiler discussion for the movie? I don't want to spoil anything. But I do want to talk about my dislike of the movie. I'm quite sure a lot of the plot points could be explained by those who got it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Does ANN have an actual spoiler discussion for the movie? I don't want to spoil anything. But I do want to talk about my dislike of the movie. I'm quite sure a lot of the plot points could be explained by those who got it.

Yeah there is one here animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1700404
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:39 am Reply with quote
Half the time I found myself tilting my head, asking myself, "What exactly am I looking at here?" They managed to stylize it to death.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1