• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DuckTales: Remastered! Also Heading to PC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:27 am Reply with quote
Woo-oo!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote
Cool stuff. I'll wait for a Steam sale and pick it up for $5 or so
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:02 am Reply with quote
What this is doing on animenewsnetwork, I haven't the slightest f**king Idea... but what the hell?

WOO-HO!
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:07 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
What this is doing on animenewsnetwork, I haven't the slightest f**king Idea... but what the hell?

WOO-HO!

Well Capcom is a Japanese company.

Good grief, I had no idea Alan Young was almost a 100 damn years old.
E-Master

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:05 am Reply with quote
I'm thrilled to get this game after I got the remaining DVDs of the show and the movie. Cause old school Disney channel shows need to be avalible for those who remembered it or to introduce it to the younger generation who were born after the 90s ended.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:37 am Reply with quote
E-Master wrote:
I'm thrilled to get this game after I got the remaining DVDs of the show and the movie. Cause old school Disney channel shows need to be avalible for those who remembered it or to introduce it to the younger generation who were born after the 90s ended.

Ducktales wasn't a Disney Channel show. It was syndicated and later part of the Disney Afternoon line up. It might have aired in reruns there much later though. When this was airing, Disney was still a subscription channel with no commercials.

I'll be glad to get this game.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:45 am Reply with quote
I remember playing the NES and Gameboy DT games.
Kerberous

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
Now everyone can pirate it without the slightest problem.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
This sounds interesting. I didn't know they made a Ducktales game, but Ducktales was my least favorite Disney Afternoon show when I was a kid.

Did they make a Chip n'Dales: Rescue Rangers game? Or better yet, a Darwing Duck game?
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
This sounds interesting. I didn't know they made a Ducktales game, but Ducktales was my least favorite Disney Afternoon show when I was a kid.

Did they make a Chip n'Dales: Rescue Rangers game? Or better yet, a Darwing Duck game?

Capcom did in fact make all of those things.
E-Master

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 am Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:

Ducktales wasn't a Disney Channel show. It was syndicated and later part of the Disney Afternoon line up. It might have aired in reruns there much later though. When this was airing, Disney was still a subscription channel with no commercials.

Sorry I get the origin of what channel an old show used to air a lot. I should of look up the TV airing history of Ducktales before I said anything. That Disney Afternoon line up might of been the reason why I kept incorrectly calling it a Disney channel show for more than 15 years.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
What, no Android? (we never get love) Crying or Very sad

E-Master wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:

Sorry I get the origin of what channel an old show used to air a lot. I should of look up the TV airing history of Ducktales before I said anything. That Disney Afternoon line up might of been the reason why I kept incorrectly calling it a Disney channel show for more than 15 years.

It confused me more since they never syndicated "The Disney Afternoon" where I grew up as no station could dedicate itself to running it for a whole afternoon when the cartoons were merely placed here or there on the schedule so it wasn't uncommon to find DuckTales on in the morning hours for instance.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Where I lived, Dinsney Afternoon aired before Fox Kids on the same channel. So if I rushed home, I was sometimes able to grab the very last show on it. But it wasn't uncommon for some stations to break up the block or even air it in the morning. Not to mention, I believe DuckTales started out as a stand alone syndicated program before it, and Gummi Bears, were part of the inaugural Disney Afternoon lineup.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:42 pm Reply with quote
It's been a long time since I've heard about "DuckTales." It was a pretty enjoyable series. I hope they bring it back someday. I've never played the game. It looks pretty good.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Where I lived, Dinsney Afternoon aired before Fox Kids on the same channel. So if I rushed home, I was sometimes able to grab the very last show on it. But it wasn't uncommon for some stations to break up the block or even air it in the morning. Not to mention, I believe DuckTales started out as a stand alone syndicated program before it, and Gummi Bears, were part of the inaugural Disney Afternoon lineup.

yeah a couple shows like DuckTales and Gummi Bears had been around longer than the start of that block (Gummi Bears also began as a Saturday morning program on NBC). I suppose I was already getting out of that age to watch these shows when it happened.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1