• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Sols Streams Magical Idol Pastel Yumi Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy that Pastel Yumi is not only having a chance to be put on DVD, but just streaming with a translation in general. I've been waiting such a long time to watch it (Raws and European dubs aside).

It's such a pretty show, I hope everyone else will feel the same.

(also, sorry to be "that person" but Pastel Yumi is from 1986)
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo, Pastel Yumi!! Been meaning to watch this for a long time, just like Creamy Mami. Glad to see we're finally getting a translation into English!

Now if only someone could contact Production Reed and license Minky Momo...
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Damn it, I know it's just at "Kickstarter" level now, I am jealous of you guys getting these classic magical girl shows from the eighties. The likelyhood of these getting a UK release are pretty tiny. If I can afford it I might import as it's not too hard to get a hold of a region free DVD player but still it'd be nice to just be able to get these UK side.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they'll hold off on Mami 2 until this ends.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:11 am Reply with quote
GracieLizzy wrote:
Damn it, I know it's just at "Kickstarter" level now, I am jealous of you guys getting these classic magical girl shows from the eighties. The likelyhood of these getting a UK release are pretty tiny. If I can afford it I might import as it's not too hard to get a hold of a region free DVD player but still it'd be nice to just be able to get these UK side.

anime sols dvds are region free I think.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
GracieLizzy wrote:

No, our DVDs will be region 1, sorry.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
GracieLizzy wrote:

As long as you have a somewhat modern pc, or an adequate htpc to stream to tv, and commit a few hours to research the relevant software, then region locks will be absolutely no problem.

Same with any other 'protection' currently out there for bd or dvd (cinavia, forced audio/subs, java locks, whathaveyou).

An anime collector in Europe, or elsewhere outside of US/Canada, should already be well versed in all that...
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:
(also, sorry to be "that person" but Pastel Yumi is from 1986)

Thanks for pointing that out! The article has been corrected.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
samuelp wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
GracieLizzy wrote:

As long as you have a somewhat modern pc, or an adequate htpc to stream to tv, and commit a few hours to research the relevant software, then region locks will be absolutely no problem.

Same with any other 'protection' currently out there for bd or dvd (cinavia, forced audio/subs, java locks, whathaveyou).

An anime collector in Europe, or elsewhere outside of US/Canada, should already be well versed in all that...

My laptop has a nasty tendency to display my DVDs a bit grainy I prefer watching my stuff on my TV if I can. Oddly enough it doesn't do this with streams.
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm so geeked out about this one! Everything in this show is made of flower petals and bowties and poofs and I just love it! I already made my pledge (for a couple days there, kawaiibunny3 and I were the only donator comments on ep.1 hahah) but I really hope a ton of other people will chip in too! I reeeally want Yumi to happen!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1