• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases: May 8-14

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Good stuff. Don't rip yourself off though. Those "suggested retail prices" can easily be found cheaper with just a few minutes of searching online.

Totally want that Chobits bluray even though I'm sure it's upscale. Love Chobits
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Nothing I want this week for anime/manga. But, this made me remember I had the YGO game pre-ordered. Now I can't decide if I really want it or not. Especially since I have the Zelda for 3DS pre-ordered as well. And, I haven't even beat DQVI yet!?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 am Reply with quote
MrHatandClogs wrote:
Nothing I want this week for anime/manga. But, this made me remember I had the YGO game pre-ordered. Now I can't decide if I really want it or not. Especially since I have the Zelda for 3DS pre-ordered as well. And, I haven't even beat DQVI yet!?

I've clocked well over 43 hours into Dragon Quest VI and still haven't completed the game. It's not an easy game, but it sure is fun and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I am about part way (maybe even 60%) done with this game at this point and look forward to beating the game.

But now with DQ 6 licensed, that means every DQ game has been licensed in the states, so now the collection of the older games will finally be complete.

It's long time, but I can honestly say I've enjoyed all of the DQ games I've played for the last seventeen years. I still remember the first time I ever played a Dragon Quest game. Back in those days it was called Dragon Warrior because Enix and Square Soft hadn't merged yet.

Those were great times and luckily I can still say that the games are every bit awesome as they were back when it was just Enix, not Square Enix. The same can't be said about every game, but luckily Dragon Quest is a very rare exception.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:31 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I still remember the first time I ever played a Dragon Quest game. Back in those days it was called Dragon Warrior because Enix and Square Soft hadn't merged yet.

It was called Dragon Warrior in the West, but it has always been Dragon Quest in Japan, even before the Squeenix merger.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1