• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ore, Twin Tail ni Narimasu Light Novels Get Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Like the artwork on the cover of that manga, so I will give it a try.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Become the very thing that ya get the hots on......... Aren't twin boobs enough? Laughing
aereus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:21 am Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:
I would love to see Rie Kugimiya voice one of the characters.
The character designs are something I like.

I'll pass. I need some KugiRie downtime. And I don't think Souji as Tail Red is the type of personality that would be voiced well by her.

My preference in that case would be Aoi Yuuki doing her Tooru/Victorique deep voice. Young girl sounding, but also with that deeper quality that would be kinda fitting for a guy in that situation. Chiwa Saito could also be a good fit. (Thinking of her role as Anita King in ROD TV etc) or Misato Fukuen (Marie from Valvrave is the type I'm thinking of)

Aika (Tail Blue) has a temper to her for sure, but not a petite body type like Tail Red, so. Kobayashi Yu possibly? Asami Seto might fit too. Or Haruka "Tomato" for a more known one.

As I've heard it explained, this sorta lampoons the Super Sentai genre. I think I'll import Vol1 of the LN in my next Honto shipment and see how it is.
Zalene

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Gender bender, gender bender, gender bender, gender gender, gender bender, gender bender, gender gender, gender bender, gender bender, gender gender, gender bender, gender bender, gender gender, gender bender, gender bender, gender gender, gender bender, gender bender, gender gender, gender bender, gender bender, gender gender, gender bender, gender bender, gender gender, gender bender, gender bender, gender gender..

All I need now, is to arrange a devious plot in order to get the house for myself. When the first episode airs.

On the other side, girl AND boys are the best. Though boys first.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
aereus wrote:
(Thinking of her role as Anita King in ROD TV etc)

Anita was pretty awesome.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:59 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
DangerMouse wrote:

Definitely disagree.

Also, Female Ranma negates this by being awesome and better than Male Ranma (IMO). Smile

Male-to-female genderbend is just so boring. He should've transformed into a twintailed trap, that would have 11/10 from me.
For a trap fan like me, I don't get the dislike for M to F gender-benders. It's in a way kind of the same, just one is more actual girl than the other.

So does that mean you dislike reverse-traps?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:10 am Reply with quote
Not really.

It's just that M-to-F gender bender is always the same thing. "Oh I'm a girl now but I actually enjoy it YAY". And then he just does yuri stuff with his female friends.

Either that or he's "I can screw my best buddy now and it wont be gay YAY". Nooooo, I wanted you to say "screw it" and screw him as a man dammit Anime cry

In the end...girls don't have dicks. Traps do. It's a rather blunt way of putting it but the D adds so much to me personally Anime cry

Reverse traps can be good. Depends on how they look. I like short-haired girls.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:44 am Reply with quote
Yeah they're both types of fantasies and some people put their fantasies in perspective as an observer and some put it as a participant. I do both I guess, so I like traps because I like to look at them and want to be with one. And a gender bender is for me a fantasy that I think would be fun experiencing first hand.

I'd really recommend a web manga by a guy named Chris Hazleton called Misfile because it deviates well from those 2 cliches of M-to-F gender benders. Unfortunately it ends up being a very drawn out yuri love story. I absolutely love it, actually met the artist at a convention a while back.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I love twin tails too, but not this much.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Yeah they're both types of fantasies and some people put their fantasies in perspective as an observer and some put it as a participant. I do both I guess, so I like traps because I like to look at them and want to be with one. And a gender bender is for me a fantasy that I think would be fun experiencing first hand.

I can see why you think that.

What this novel HAS done for me, though, is convince me to off my ass write and a write a shotacon/BL/trap mecha musuKO story (the main character is practically a dead-ringer in design for this anime's MC) for Fictionpress. If you're interested, PM and I'll send you the link (I don't know if you like trap BL/yaoi though).

As for this LN/anime, I'm ALSO not a big fan of how, later on in this series, spoiler[he gets stuck as a girl permanently]....at that point, just write an all-female work.
jet_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:22 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
As for this LN/anime, I'm ALSO not a big fan of how, later on in this series, spoiler[he gets stuck as a girl permanently]....at that point, just write an all-female work.

How is that situation handled?
Is it treated as a romance aspect, or is it only used in jokes?
Leebo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Funnily enough, someone on /a/ was joking about the idea of this getting an anime yesterday. How ironic.

That's not irony.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:39 am Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

How is that situation handled?
Is it treated as a romance aspect, or is it only used in jokes?

I don't know anything besides that it happens.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2