• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Noragami + Aragoto (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

The music/OST is actually pretty good, at one point I even started to liken it to what is done by a favourite anime music staff.

I would think that after an accident having sudden sleeping spells would actually be warning lights, her family getting her brain checked. It would appear that she might actually have something like narcolepsy to suddenly fall asleep.

Strange that most people apparently can't see him, probably only when they need to, but she seemed almost drawn to him as he passed by.
drdr48

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Yuki is a really fun character, not only because of his attitude towards Yato, but also because they always use him as a fanservice for girls, I mean they keep undressing him in every chance they get in the manga Laughing

Which is weird since Yato is the better looking one out of the two of them...
spoony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:50 am Reply with quote
That blonde kid is a jerk! I like him.

While Yato was the main attraction in episode 1, I think Hiyori shone in this episode. My favorite part was when she ran along the telephone wires. If I ever get a weird ethereal spirit form, that's what I will do!

WhiteHairGirls wrote:
So normal people can't see Yato. Did they ever explain how she and people who request for jobs can see him?

I thought they could only see him when he wants to be seen? But now that I think about it, I think I just made that up.

I find it morally questionable how that guy let Yato do all that cleaning for only 5 yen and a drink. He really should have insisted on paying him more. I wonder if Yato can accept amounts greater than 5 yen.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[I like the new kid, Yukine ^^
He's a good match for Yato & Hiyori team.
It's just kinda sad those two have to live like some kind of beggars.
Finally, they show us what a true god has.
Poor Yato looked very pathetic compared to that.
Yato's convictions are something you have to get used to.
His heart and his mouth aren't often synched.
Yet, in the end, he always seems to do the right thing.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote
So they finally explained their "invisibility." I am really liking this show. The only thing that is bothering me is that they don't seem to care about leaving Hiroyi's body in random places. Her body fainted on the restaurant steps. Yato can easily teleport her body to a safe place. They don't even have to show it all the time. Just do it once so we know her body is being placed in a safe area.
Bolaum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Easily my favorite show of this season.

I loved spoiler[when they were like "oh so this is how a true God is like"]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
The only thing that is bothering me is that they don't seem to care about leaving Hiroyi's body in random places.

I know! I spent most of that episode worrying about her lying there. Smile Otherwise, I am loving this to death.

I don't know if this is so obvious no one has felt the need to comment, or if it's so obviously wrong that no one would say it, but I think Yuki spoiler[is the cat in the flashback. I think the boy might've been his owner, maybe killed or abandoned by an alcoholic father after a divorce? Or killed himself and maybe took the cat with him? I dunno, but cats definitely love him, Yato tried to feed him a sardine on the ground like you'd feed a cat, and there's something about his eyes that looks very feral. He might not have liked the clothes Yato gave him, but it seemed like he didn't like the idea of clothes at all. And he's cold all the time, like he's missing his fur. It would also explain why he cut so ferociously when a suicide was at stake (though Hiroyi's explanation works too).]

spoiler[I know when Yato first saw him he seemed to identify him as a teenage boy, but he might have just been describing what he saw Yuki thinking about.] I'm probably wrong, but can't wait to see more explanation of that flashback.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
The only thing that is bothering me is that they don't seem to care about leaving Hiroyi's body in random places.

I find that actually kinda funny. I don't think this show even tries at being funny and I get a good dosage of laughter almost every episode. The action has improved recently as well but this could be the dark horse of the season.

That new kid Yukine also seems interesting. Hope we get to meet more from the OP song.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:39 pm Reply with quote
It's probably a long shot, but anyone know if the music used during the fight of both epi 2and epi 3 is available somewhere?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

So it seems Yato really is a big loser. Someone really needs to teach him to get proper payment for his work, at least to cover some sort of living conditions.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote
I'm gonna do everything in my power to make "Gods don't poop!" My new title on ANN.
Thug Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:04 pm Reply with quote
How can Yato afford his phone bill anyway?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:47 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Yato's dream was LOL
He's like a million years away for that ever happening.
Damn, sometimes he's truly a hopeless, childish, naive idiot...
It was kinda refreshing seeing Yato get what he deserves.
The new story was pretty fun to watch.
Especially the whole falling down conversation LOL
Wow! How knew Yato was so different in the past..]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I think he mentioned that he was a spoiler[war god] before, but maybe I imagined that.

Was that King of God billboard an Eden of the East shout-out? Very Happy

I wonder what it means that both Hiyori and demon spirits think Yato smells good. The fall was hilarious even if the outcome was obvious. I love this series more with every episode. Though it's mostly comedy now, they blend in the drama effortlessly.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

I thought the episode was decently well done with combination of comedy and seriousness. That spoiler[fall from the building] was quite a long one though if I might add and silly :3

On the other hand, I'm quite interested in spoiler[Sato's past as what was mentioned seems to be truth. I wonder exactly what went on though and yes, it was referenced/mentioned that he was a 'war god'. His current self is a bit more comedic like the delusions from the beginning though.]

Next episode should introduce a new character so can't wait.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 28