• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gen Urobuchi Interviews

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Mysty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:55 am Reply with quote
If you guys get the chance, I'd be interested in hearing about whether he was involved in Song of Saya getting made into an American comic and what he thinks about it. (It's a bad comic, but I can't imagine what was going on at Nitroplus when that was decided!)
nightjuan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:23 am Reply with quote
I have no particular urge to find out the exact survey results myself, beyond whatever ANN chooses to disclose, but I do hope there will be future opportunities to interview some of the other individuals who might have done well on the interest poll yet ultimately didn't rank nearly as high as Mr. Urobuchi.

Other than that...yes, it would be nice if the next interview with the man tried to cover a slightly wider range of subjects this time around. You know, for the sake of variety. Of course, I realize that sometimes this also depends on factors that aren't all under the interviewer's control (time, handlers, etc.) and obviously the "hot" stuff needs to be brought up.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote
As long as Urobuchi keeps writing interesting stuff, we'll keep on having new questions for him. Razz So much ground has already been covered in regards to the original Madoka series, but less so comparatively in regard to the Rebellion film, so it'd be great to see him asked questions about that latest iteration. And of course some questions about anymore near-future work would be great (might have he had some involvement in ufotable's new Fate/Stay Night release, for example? It seems that he did do *something* in regards to the game if the VN's credits are to be believed...).

Ooh, I hope Ikuhara has made it near the top of the most-requested list. He was actually pretty prevalent on the American con scene in the years following Utena's release, right? I'd be great to get a more recent interview with him post-Penguindrum and pre-Penguinbear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:38 am Reply with quote
I'm happy to read this.

I'd also be very interested to know if he will be involved in the new Fate anime in any way whatsoever. As the new one seems to be closely connected to Fate/Zero, I wonder if he will be (or was) asked to contribute in any way. Also, will he be involved in the sequels to his other recent shows, and if so, to what extent?

I envy the person who gets to sit down and talk to the man, I'd have tons of questions and topics I'd want to talk to him about...
Galap

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:53 am Reply with quote
Any way to see the results of the survey? I'm curious about what they were.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:12 am Reply with quote
Nothing against Mr. Urobochi, but if he's already been interviewed twice, is there no way he can be skipped this time around for the next most popular person on the list of results?
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:18 am Reply with quote
^
Well it's not like ANN can only interview one person this year. They can interview Urobochi and the second-place-getter and the third-place-getter, and so on and so forth.

I say the more interviews the merrier.
thewizardninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:29 am Reply with quote
I'd personally be incredibly interested in an interview with fellow writer Kazuma Kamachi (author of Toaru Majustsu no Index and Heavy Object), mainly because he hasn't ever done an interview with an English-speaking news source before. Apparently he's also fairly elusive, so he doesn't do many interviews to begin with. I didn't see him on the list though, and it would have to be one of those interviews with questions asked by fans as well.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:32 am Reply with quote
^
If he wasn't on the list then you should have added him.
kumakumo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:32 am Reply with quote
What about Kinoko Nasu then and ask him about Tsukihime Remake, Fate/Stay Night Remake, and other new project of type-moon or UFO-Table x Type-moon project in the future.
jl07045

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:03 am Reply with quote
Knoepfchen wrote:
I'd also be very interested to know if he will be involved in the new Fate anime in any way whatsoever. As the new one seems to be closely connected to Fate/Zero, I wonder if he will be (or was) asked to contribute in any way.

Apparently he was asked about this in some con soon after ufotable announced a new project and he answered that he is not involved. No safe source for that though. I also don't see a point since Nasu himself is supervising/consulting (like he did with Fate/Zero novel btw).

As far as I know Urobuchi's wasn't officially involved with the vn. If he's in the credits, it probably means that he gave Nasu some advice (since they're friends) and there's no reason why he can't do that again.

kumakumo wrote:
What about Kinoko Nasu then and ask him about Tsukihime Remake, Fate/Stay Night Remake, and other new project of type-moon or UFO-Table x Type-moon project in the future.

I'm pretty sure he can't/doesn't want to give more information about future projects than is already given. Look for Typemoon Ace vol. 9. I'd like an interview with him though.
sainta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:21 am Reply with quote
I would like him to talk about Psycho Pass. The site has had interviews about the show but with the directors and producer.
Ginsan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
Nooo why Urobuchi!! ): Is there anywhere I could see the result of the vote?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Well it's not like ANN can only interview one person this year. They can interview Urobochi and the second-place-getter and the third-place-getter, and so on and so forth.

I say the more interviews the merrier.

Nail head, meet hammer.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
We're not publishing the results of this survey, sorry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3