• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Knights of Sidonia Anime's 4th TV Ad Focuses on Nagase, Shizuka

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a big fan of the artwork yet but seeing so many of the ADs, PVs, and even first minute of the series definitely got me hyped. I just hope it will be adapted faithfully according to the material too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sano1221

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:37 pm Reply with quote
lol whoa! That bear came out of nowhere!
Sky_Renzokuken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:00 am Reply with quote
As a fan of the manga I really feel that the computer graphics approach to the series is going to severe the ties from the story and make it a case of, badly animated and hard to follow the story. Such as was the case with the first Berserk film remake.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:43 am Reply with quote
sano1221 wrote:
lol whoa! That bear came out of nowhere!

Seriously? its like a fetish of nihei to have a bear in his stuff now.
thewizardninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:20 am Reply with quote
Sky_Renzokuken wrote:
As a fan of the manga I really feel that the computer graphics approach to the series is going to severe the ties from the story and make it a case of, badly animated and hard to follow the story. Such as was the case with the first Berserk film remake.
I dunno, that CG looks pretty damn incredible. Character models look way more detailed than one would expect and their movements have some real weight to them (ironic considering the 0G setting), not to mention the lighting effects and shaders seem decent. Rather than the cost-cutting and embarrassing CG in the Berserk movies it looks more like the computer animation will resemble something closer to the CG seen in Ars Nova.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Sky_Renzokuken wrote:

We can only hope the plot is strong enough to over come it. Arpellago of Blue Steel had same problem when they came out. CGI, choppy look, but being on the ocean verse in space. I've not found many space based animes are drawn well CGI in space.

Character designs look very plain, but i'm against having perhaps slightly realistic blue hair, child looking main characters. I haven't read the manga, so i maybe okay to watch it without being repulsed by changes done to the story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1