• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Live-Action Lupin III Film's 1st Footage Unveiled on TV Show

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kawame

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:30 am Reply with quote
this looks really good
ZanraiKid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:46 am Reply with quote
I'll agree that it's looking promising, but do we really need another Lupin origin story? As far as I'm concerned, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine did the best job working canonically in conjunction with the first series and eventual films.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Zanrai: Well, this is a different medium, so....Or maybe they're hoping they can sell it to international buyers?
E-Master

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote
As far as I recall "A Woman Called Fujiko", "Episode 0: First Contact", & the original live action movie were the only Lupin titles to depict an origin story or at least depict how most of the characters meet one another(unless I'm forgetting another Lupin title that had an origin story).
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually surprised by how good this first footage looks so far. It also sounds like the actors for Zenigata and Lupin are both giving it their all to sound just like the characters should, which is really pleasing to my ears...but I'd imagine that might come off a bit 'corny' in live action, to native viewers, maybe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
E-Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:14 am Reply with quote
Chances are that this film won't be as corny as the 1974 film, but we'll see if this film will be an improvement on the older film.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1