• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kantai Collection Game Tops 2 Million Registered Users

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Now this just got me more even more hyped for the upcoming anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:22 pm Reply with quote
The real question is, how many of those users are from outside Japan?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, as long as the anime doesn't blow, I can't see it not selling huge, and ruining another two Comikets in the process. It's so boring when nearly every artist chooses one franchise to work on over everything else.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Yeah, as long as the anime doesn't blow, I can't see it not selling huge, and ruining another two Comikets in the process. It's so boring when nearly every artist chooses one franchise to work on over everything else.

You can say the exact same thing about Touhou, and yet that gets a free pass.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:

I do feel that way about Touhou, but it's almost not worth bitching over anymore: they won, it's forever. Even with its own events, you have such talent either only or mostly doing more and more Touhou. Now, that's actually not a problem because at least Touhou allows for some unique designs, like Yuugi, but nearly all of the KanColle girls look exactly the same. There's no variety.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
...... but nearly all of the KanColle girls look exactly the same. There's no variety.

The only 'variation' those 2D gals have nowadays is their boobs' size. Sad
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I just want a release date for Kancolle Kai.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:47 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
The only 'variation' those 2D gals have nowadays is their boobs' size.

I don't mean in a "heh, moe anime these days, amirite guise?" but more like, they all wear the same outfits and have the same headgear, and most of them are brunettes. Even if that's not all of them, at least 5 all looked the same.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
L'Imperatore wrote:

I don't mean in a "heh, moe anime these days, amirite guise?" but more like, they all wear the same outfits and have the same headgear, and most of them are brunettes. Even if that's not all of them, at least 5 all looked the same.

Chibi version of the entire the cast
http://kazasou.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/yande-re-281283-atago_kancolle-hiei_kancolle-i-19_kancolle-kaga_kancolle-mutsu_kancolle-naka_kancolle-rensouhou-chan-tagme-takao_kancolle-wo-class.jpg
Yes, some of them look overly similar but "they all look the same" isn't an accurate statement.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

In KanColle's defense, since they are personifications of IJN battleships... have to consider that ships in a same class are sometimes kinda hard to distinguish, at least to the untrained eyes. Sure, some differences here and there, but... yeah, hope you get the analogy. Wink

FenixFiesta wrote:

Chibi version of the entire the cast
http://kazasou.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/yande-re-281283-atago_kancolle-hiei_kancolle-i-19_kancolle-kaga_kancolle-mutsu_kancolle-naka_kancolle-rensouhou-chan-tagme-takao_kancolle-wo-class.jpg
Yes, some of them look overly similar but "they all look the same" isn't an accurate statement.

They don't plan to include them all into the anime... do they? Shocked
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:57 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Panzer Vor wrote:

I do feel that way about Touhou, but it's almost not worth bitching over anymore: they won, it's forever. Even with its own events, you have such talent either only or mostly doing more and more Touhou. Now, that's actually not a problem because at least Touhou allows for some unique designs, like Yuugi, but nearly all of the KanColle girls look exactly the same. There's no variety.

I can't really agree with this since there are about 12 different artists who draw the characters, each in their own style.

Nagato
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Nagato/Gallery

Kongou
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Kongou/Gallery

Musashi
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Musashi/Gallery

Inazuma
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Inazuma/Gallery

Akagi

Yuudachi

I don't really see how they are that similar to be honest. Though some of the ones in the same class can be kind of similar. But that's because they are sisters, and families typically look similar to each other.

Anyway, I'm glad that I'm able to be one of the players. It's a nice time waster!
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
L'Imperatore wrote:

Only five from more than a hundred girls (but I count more, hm...), not to mention the fact that some have a similar design, cause they are being "sisterships"? And not to mention the fact that the majority of even similar in appearance characters have completely different personalities. At first it would need to at least learn a little thing about the subject before nominating such words, you know.

And it not so "moe" as you think - some official Kancolle manga series, like "Someday in the Calm Seas" or "Torpedo Squadron Chronicles" provides plenty of cool action scenes and drama.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:24 am Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:

How many are active.
誤称

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:49 am Reply with quote
Meanwhile, Love Live School Idol Festival just passed 3 million users.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:53 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Panzer Vor wrote:

How many are active.

You cannot play this game outside Japan. That 2 million users are from Japan (maybe some from outside Japan do something with their IP address or the DNS server)...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2