• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Opens English Doraemon Site with Dubbed Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
This does a really nice job of laying out the premise in 30 seconds, without feeling forced or gimmicky. Doreamon's voice is well cast, too. If this is any indicator, Disney will be staying true to this property, which is something I'm pleasantly surprised by.

But only 26 episodes on a 5 day a week timeslot? They're going to get into reruns after barely a month. That seems like a weirdly small number of episodes considering that they have literally THOUSANDS of eps to choose from.

The person voicing Doraemon in this trailer is Mona Marshall. She's been doing voice work in anime for years.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:23 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
The person voicing Doraemon in this trailer is Mona Marshall. She's been doing voice work in anime for years.

THANK YOU. Yes. We understand that now. Razz

(Wonder who they're going to pick as the English voice of the character, though.)

Wyvern wrote:
But only 26 episodes on a 5 day a week timeslot? They're going to get into reruns after barely a month. That seems like a weirdly small number of episodes considering that they have literally THOUSANDS of eps to choose from.

They're only doing the current 10's series, and says they're airing it over the summer, so I'm sort of hoping they'll extend it afterwards.
(I don't get Disney Jr. except when I'm staying at Disney hotels, and was hoping it would still be on for my Sept. trip.)
Jex2193

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
CastMember1991 wrote:

(Wonder who they're going to pick as the English voice of the character, though.)

They'll be using Mona Marshall. :V
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:26 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
CastMember1991 wrote:

Same person. Not to mention Brian Beacock is playing Sneech (a.k.a. Suneo Honekawa) in the new dub as well. And hopefully, Johnny Yong Bosch is the voice of Big G (a.k.a. Gian).
Davy0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:14 am Reply with quote
Jex2193 wrote:
A robotic cat from the future?! Prodigious! Sorry, I couldn't help myself Mad

Also, I want to watch this now.

Izzy would be proud, he was probably the one that made him.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Davy0 wrote:
Jex2193 wrote:
A robotic cat from the future?! Prodigious! Sorry, I couldn't help myself Mad

Also, I want to watch this now.

Izzy would be proud, he was probably the one that made him.

You mean Izzi from Digimon?
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I've been listening carefully to the intro several times now, and I'm almost 100% convinced that Nobita is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch. Some of the crazed, manic screams that Nobi makes in the trailer sound suspiciously like Vash the Stampede's crazy laugh.

Go ahead. Listen very closely to the trailer, then go watch a scene from Trigun where Vash does his trademark laugh. Tell me they don't sound very similar.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
I've been listening carefully to the intro several times now, and I'm almost 100% convinced that Nobita is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch. Some of the crazed, manic screams that Nobi makes in the trailer sound suspiciously like Vash the Stampede's crazy laugh.

Go ahead. Listen very closely to the trailer, then go watch a scene from Trigun where Vash does his trademark laugh. Tell me they don't sound very similar.

You're right. A Thai news source just confirmed that Noby is indeed Johnny Yong Bosch.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
This does a really nice job of laying out the premise in 30 seconds, without feeling forced or gimmicky. Doreamon's voice is well cast, too. If this is any indicator, Disney will be staying true to this property, which is something I'm pleasantly surprised by.

That was my beef, they could've spaced this out a bit if it was only twice a week at that number, or tried for 52 or 65 episodes just to start with but I guess they want to make it easier to see where the popularity of the show might go in case there's an option to do more episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3