• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, June 16-22

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:41 am Reply with quote
Samo8412 wrote:
This is the first volume out of a total seven which will be released for Love Live. You'll be surprised how much less the next few sell when they're at normal pricing. They'll need more event tickets and such to boost sales and probably will.

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to seeing how Mekakucity Actors sells. That's being released in 12 volumes (One episode each) which should be interesting.

If its not underestimated, we are looking at some low numbers. Especially with v1 having an event ticket and v2-12 not having event tickets. I'm going with a 3-3.5k average at best.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:56 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:

Such negativity. And, as it was stated above, its only half-price cause its half as much content.

Seriously, are people still in denial over how much of a sensation Love Live is?

doesn't change the fact that v2 will drop like a rock.

Quote:

Re: rederoin: You don't seem to understand how Wikipedia sourcing works. If it were only official sources, things like Hitoshi Doi, ANN's news and reviews, Erica Friedman's blog and Chris Beveridge's projects wouldn't be allowed. Surprise: they all are.

Yaraon links the official source, so that source can just be used.

If wiki posts the unofficial untranslated source instead of the official source, then wikipedia needs some changes.
Either way, LL S2 will not be the best selling anime of the 21st century, so it doesn't matter.

Last edited by Rederoin on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Amiantos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:10 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
Samo8412 wrote:
This is the first volume out of a total seven which will be released for Love Live. You'll be surprised how much less the next few sell when they're at normal pricing. They'll need more event tickets and such to boost sales and probably will.

Such negativity. And, as it was stated above, its only half-price cause its half as much content.

Seriously, are people still in denial over how much of a sensation Love Live is?

People aren't. I sat through S1 didn't like it but saw why some would. They used a standard lottery ticket to get those sales numbers. LoveLive isn't the sensation you think it is sorry to say that. Without a price reduction or more lottery ticket to get people to buy multiple copies I can see it selling around 23-30k for the rest of the series. Which is extremely good when around 9k is considered a success.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Love Live! Season 2 1

*spits drink out*
Holy cow what. I'd never expected to see those numbers for any TV series' volume's 1 week sales.

Congrats Sunrise.

誤称 wrote:
Samo8412 wrote:

It doesn't change the fact that it's very likely to sell signifigantly more than the rest of the volumes minus volume 7 just like the first season's discs.

It wouldn't be too surprising if none of volumes 2-6 would top 40k.

Now the big questions are, can volume 1 actually break the 100k mark? And can volume 7 follow suit?

Amiantos wrote:
Without a price reduction or more lottery ticket to get people to buy multiple copies I can see it selling around 23-30k for the rest of the series. Which is extremely good when around 9k is considered a success.

I wouldn't say that volumes 2-6 would wind up exactly where season 1's 2-6 were. Uta-Pri's second season volumes 2-6 managed to double the first seasons respective volumes and Uta-Pri (at least the 2nd season is) is pretty much the best comparison for Love Live in terms of disc sales.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:05 am Reply with quote
Sweet Is the order a rabbit? number 3 looks like they mite get anther season
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:
誤称 wrote:
Samo8412 wrote:

People aren't. I sat through S1 didn't like it but saw why some would. They used a standard lottery ticket to get those sales numbers. LoveLive isn't the sensation you think it is sorry to say that. Without a price reduction or more lottery ticket to get people to buy multiple copies I can see it selling around 23-30k for the rest of the series. Which is extremely good when around 9k is considered a success.

It is though. It sells far more than just Blu-Rays. The cell phone game single handedly saved the company that designed it and has people plunking down several hundred dollars at a time for chances at rare cards, the franchise already has one Gold single and the OP single will be going gold eventually too. Promotions at the Lawson convenience store led to products selling out almost instantly, there's product tie-ins with Pizza Hut too and the show moves figures as well AND they hold live concerts with sold out attendance. People don't see nearly half of how popular Love Live is over in the West (or maybe they just don't want to admit it) cause the idol scene isn't that big here but to call it a sensation right now might be an understatement.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:25 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:

The ranking isn't terribly relevant. The much more important thing is that number sold. Now keep in mind that shows drop to varying degrees over time. If it's selling 2-3k at the end, that's not going to bode well for another season. If it's still selling around 5k, then maybe.
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Nothing special, maybe chynibyo, but first season is A LOT better.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:

The ranking isn't terribly relevant. The much more important thing is that number sold. Now keep in mind that shows drop to varying degrees over time. If it's selling 2-3k at the end, that's not going to bode well for another season. If it's still selling around 5k, then maybe.

Yeah, for being an iyashikei those numbers are fairly strong, because it's not like these shows have any kind of hook beyond being relaxing and cute to grasp a hold of a more "casual" fanbase like KlK or SnK did.
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Wow that's a lot for Love Live. I don't get the popularity though lol.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:

While there's little doubt it will drop, there's simply no way it drops below 10k, and that's being ridiculously negative towards the number. The first season sold great, no reason this one shouldn't.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

While there's little doubt it will drop, there's simply no way it drops below 10k, and that's being ridiculously negative towards the number. The first season sold great, no reason this one shouldn't.

I never said anything about it dropping below 10k.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Were you talking about Mekaku City Actors? The reply made it look like you were saying Rub Raib was gonna do 3-3.5k.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:52 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Were you talking about Mekaku City Actors? The reply made it look like you were saying Rub Raib was gonna do 3-3.5k.

I was talking about Mekaky city actors.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:
誤称 wrote:
Samo8412 wrote:

you are just a hater. The second bluray will sell 30k-40k. Bookmark this. Probably easy 30k first week, then 3-5k next week.
Love Live! s1 did better than AoT in later vols. And AoT sold over 30k.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4