• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Dress Your Toddler In Adorable Evangelion Duds

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Unsuspecting toddlers is right! Laughing Sanrio really helped put an adorable spin on Eva, at least (similar to Gainax/Khara's Petit Eva).
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Then you can explain to them when they're grown up that one of the characters masturbated over another one of the character while they were in a coma! And you had them wearing a bib featuring those characters!

I think they should probably concentrate on Pen Pen in these designs. But I'm a tad biased.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jymmy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I might be mistaken, but I think I have the quotes from each character's bib. Rei's and Asuka's are a little different from the versions in the show.

Shinji: Nigecha dame da! (I mustn't run away!)
Asuka: Anata baka? (What are you, stupid?)*
Rei: Ko yo toki donna kao shitara... (I don't know what to do at a time like this, literally "what kind of face to make")
Kaworu: Toki ga kita ne... (The time has come.)
Mari: Wakuwaku suru na-! (I'm so excited!)
unitmikey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I do not have a kid, but if I had the money I would buy these anyway just because they are so cute. Maybe dress up a cute but large plushie of something?
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Then you can explain to them when they're grown up that one of the characters masturbated over another one of the character while they were in a coma! And you had them wearing a bib featuring those characters!

Yeeeeaaaah, that.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote
unitmikey wrote:
I do not have a kid, but if I had the money I would buy these anyway just because they are so cute. Maybe dress up a cute but large plushie of something?

Pets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I hate to be a wet blanket but I've seen the original "EVA" series and movies. They're not exactly what you'd call family entertainment if you get my drift. I could understand it if it were the Disney or Peanuts characters or even "Pokemon." To me,"Evangelion" is a very iffy franchise to have toddlers wearing cute and cuddly versions of those characters.
unitmikey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Bamboo wrote:
unitmikey wrote:

Pets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god and my cat's name is literally Asuka.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I hate to be a wet blanket but I've seen the original "EVA" series and movies. They're not exactly what you'd call family entertainment if you get my drift. I could understand it if it were the Disney or Peanuts characters or even "Pokemon." To me,"Evangelion" is a very iffy franchise to have toddlers wearing cute and cuddly versions of those characters.

This is the kind of thing you show to their first girlfriend/boyfriend you're introduced to. Just think of the years of grief you could cause by showing their SO how cute they looked wearing their bib with Asuka's "Anata baka!" phrase on it.

Considering how long this franchise has persisted, I'm sure the characters will be as well known then as they are now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1