• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detective Conan's 20th Anniversary Special Previewed in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:32 pm Reply with quote
An amnesia story? How daring!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Is Conan still on Na---uh... is Conan still a child, even though he should have naturally grown back into being Shinichi by sheer number of years?

I haven't kept up, is Vermouth still around? Has the Black Organization's boss been uncovered yet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
yamiangie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Is Conan still on Na---uh... is Conan still a child, even though he should have naturally grown back into being Shinichi by sheer number of years?

I haven't kept up, is Vermouth still around? Has the Black Organization's boss been uncovered yet?

Time doesn't move in this series. Vermouth is still around and we still have no clue who the boss is.

We did learn who Bourbon really is. His actual name made me face palm. Bad Gundan joke.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

I was gonna say, even in his child form, he'd be old enough to rent a car now. Very Happy
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
During the first chapter and the most recent chapter of Detective Conan, not even one year has gone by. 300 murders in less than a year? Don't ask questions.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:54 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

He'd be older than he was to begin with!

Ran should almost be 40 by now.
Running Wild

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:38 am Reply with quote
[quote="yamiangie"]
penguintruth wrote:
Time doesn't move in this series.

If time doesn't move in this series, why does every single character have a smart phone? Those weren't around when the manga started!

Hell, time moves forward so much in Conan, in a FLASHBACK chapter that took place BEFORE Shinichi became Conan, the entire case was based around smart phones!

lol but seriously, from what I read, it's barely been a year since Shinichi became Conan.

So yeah.
Banjo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:29 am Reply with quote
it is never ending
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:41 am Reply with quote
[quote="Running Wild"]
yamiangie wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Time doesn't move in this series.

If time doesn't move in this series, why does every single character have a smart phone? Those weren't around when the manga started!

Hell, time moves forward so much in Conan, in a FLASHBACK chapter that took place BEFORE Shinichi became Conan, the entire case was based around smart phones!

lol but seriously, from what I read, it's barely been a year since Shinichi became Conan.

So yeah.

Lol, You're right. I realized that everything in their world, From police uniforms to patrol cars,flat TVs to LCDs,new buildings,wide access to internet,tablets also existed. Everything. And not a single characters has ever aged,let alone objects ages.

This series involves alot of logics and common sense and hilariously enough, there's no explanation on why in the world their time aren't moving at all. Oh the irony.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:51 am Reply with quote
The series is on comic time. That's why the technology ages but the characters don't. Razz
The Mask

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:27 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this is the major collaboration crossover that Gosho Aoyama said before. If it is, there might be something lost in translation in that news.

Conan losing his memories? This seems like an interesting story. But I doubt that this amnesia storyline will go beyond this TV special. I just hope they won't go back with resolving this by simply showing Conan just having a bad dream again, just like that other OVA before.

Still, interesting story.

penguintruth wrote:

Admittedly, I haven't really kept up with the manga series very well. But from the latest chapter I read, which was released this year, Conan/Shinichi mentioned that it has been "a year" since he shrunk. Apparently, all of those technological advancements along the way all happened within the span of a year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1