• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Web Survey Dissects the Popularity of Kagerou Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote
An audio drama or a stage musical of Kagerou Project would be really cool; hope that happens.
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:45 am Reply with quote
Quote:
What vocal artist would you like to collaborate with Jin?
This was a free response question, so answers were all over the place. Kai-You chose to spotlight (...)Hyadain,(...).

I approve!
Student no.0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
The next logical step does seem to be video games. Who knows? Maybe we might see a KagePro visual novel soon. Very Happy
Altorrin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Kagerou Days is Jin's third song, but it was also his breakout song (the other songs before were kinda crap) and his first song to actually have a PV. Not long after it came out, it had 100,000 or so views, compared to his first two songs, which had about a thousand or so each. Not only that, but afaik it only became a series retroactively after Kagerou Days' popularity, so of course no one was seeking out the first two songs.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I find it funny that the most popular song, is the one that people like the least! Maybe because its about death? It's the only one I've heard, not counting hearing it in Mekaku City Actors.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
I find it funny that the most popular song, is the one that people like the least! Maybe because its about death? It's the only one I've heard, not counting hearing it in Mekaku City Actors.

Yeah, um… check back after you've heard a few of the others and gone over their translated lyrics.

I was certainly surprised when I saw a Kagerou Project panel at JAFAX a few weeks back and the "trigger warnings" list (yes, really) took half a minute to iterate through. There's a whole lot of misery and pain in these songs.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:

I know Kagerou Project first from Kagerou Daze too. Though I must admit that the song itself isn't as catchy as the other songs, so I guess it's not weird that it didn't rank very high in the most popular songs section. Also, the PVs for the latter videos are much more well made, I guess that makes them much more popular.

Also, ranked 10 isn't the least favorite song. I think there are more than 20 songs in the project (cmiiw)

Though, if I have to say, my least favorite songs are the ones with happy and positive theme like Otsukimi Recital and Kisaragi Attention. I don't know why.

I really recommend KagePro songs for the music, really. If you happen to be interested but not very convinced because of vocaloid as the vocal, I suggest you to listen to cover (utaite) version. Personally I think some of the NND utaite versions are much better than in the anime version, so you might want to check them out.

Also, the Children Record full mix version is already out and even though it's only credited as Jin feat. MARiA, there is distinctive male voice there. Can I assume that it's Jin himself? In the last episode there is no vocal credits for Summertime Record as well. Can someone clarify who's the vocal? Or is it safe to assume that it's Jin's singing?

Game (especially visual novel) is a good choice for the next media, especially because of the multiple endings. I hope the scenario writing isn't as terrible as the anime though.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Choose the song you'd like to see Jin perform live.

... Far behind it in second place was "Summer Time Record" (191 votes),

Jin already sang Summer Time Record in the 12th episode of Mekakucity Actor.

shiranehito wrote:

Also, the Children Record full mix version is already out and even though it's only credited as Jin feat. MARiA, there is distinctive male voice there. Can I assume that it's Jin himself? In the last episode there is no vocal credits for Summertime Record as well. Can someone clarify who's the vocal? Or is it safe to assume that it's Jin's singing?

Yes, MARiA already confirmed by twitter she sang Children Record with Jin. And many sources already credit Jin as the artist who sang Summertime Record in the last episode of the anime.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:21 am Reply with quote
Just watched some of the Live In Mekakuciity concert on YouTube and wondered: have any N. American cons had Jin over as a guest? Assuming KagePro isn't completely played out by this time next year (maybe we'll get a Mekakucity Actors video release from Aniplex?), having a concert of KagePro songs here would be a hell of a "get".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1