• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star's U.S. Trailer Introduces Main Characters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:24 am Reply with quote
"This video contains footage of the Japanese version of the game."
And then suddenly American voices Shocked Ooph. Way to break the magic, KoeiTecmo.

Also, "The Heroine chants to cast Song Magic" had me excited. Yay, a Heroine Very Happy
..And then they follow it up with "Protect her.. with your life.". *sigh* Yet another male-perspective game.. Sad
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:11 am Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
"This video contains footage of the Japanese version of the game."
And then suddenly American voices Shocked

"footage" --> visuals

That simply means they used some Japanese visuals with the English audio probably because the English visuals aren't done/translated yet (e.g. Japanese text).
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:00 am Reply with quote
It might be worth mentioning that NISA is actually releasing a limited edition of the game for TK. They have some kind of collaboration going on.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
That simply means they used some Japanese visuals with the English audio probably because the English visuals aren't done/translated yet (e.g. Japanese text).

I know what it means. Duh. I just wasn't expecting it to have English voices. I always find it jarring to hear anime characters speak English. It just doesn't fit for me.
aquagon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Way to screw up the news. Who on their right mind would thing that the name of a previous game (Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia) is the name of the song playing in the trailer?

For reference, the proper name of the song is "To the Songless Hill -Harmonics Pre=Ciel-"

Kimiko_0 wrote:
"
Also, "The Heroine chants to cast Song Magic" had me excited. Yay, a Heroine Very Happy
..And then they follow it up with "Protect her.. with your life.". *sigh* Yet another male-perspective game.. Sad

The main girls in the EXA_PICO games have always been called Heroines because they always play the most central storyline roles, as they can handle songs that can even change the core laws that make up the world, which a scarce number of males (if any) can use.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1