Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Stay night's 'Heaven's Feel' Route Gets Film


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Vaisaga



Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 12928
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:48 am Reply with quote
It's about time, but the article makes it sound like it'll be a single film which definitely wouldn't be enough to do the story justice. Should that be the case it should be getting a TV series, not UBW. Hopefully it'll be announced as a multi film project.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
VORTIA
Otaku ExtraordinaireOtaku Extraordinaire


Joined: 26 Jul 2005
Posts: 922
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:50 am Reply with quote
I am excitedly terrified. Surprised
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
MCAL



Joined: 11 Feb 2013
Posts: 102
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:06 am Reply with quote
Ufotable has this down as theatrical format, which is how the Kara no Kyoukai movies were described as, so it seems more than likely to be a movie series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trilaan



Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 908
Location: Texas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:08 am Reply with quote
Be prepared to never be able to look at a worm again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiranehito



Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 792
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:09 am Reply with quote
Here's the youtube link if you prefer it.

But seriously, ufotable is full of surprise. Another FSN TV and movie announced at the same time is really surprising. I'm not a fan of Heaven's Feel route, but I am definitely not against it getting animated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ggultra2764
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire


Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Posts: 3452
Location: New York state.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:29 am Reply with quote
This has me a little worried. If Heaven's Feel gets the film series treatment like ufotable did for Kara no Kyoukai, I'm all for this. If it's gonna be like Deen's treatment of Unlimited Blade Works, then I'm gonna be greatly disappointed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9315
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:32 am Reply with quote
Maybe it's a 5 hour long movie. Never gonna happen, but it would be nice to see some longer anime films that can actually be filled with stuff happening, unlike Haruhi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pachy_boy



Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 1148
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote
I wasn't as terribly excited as I should have been about the new series doing the 'Unlimited Blade Works' route (was totally expecting it to be something that tied more with Fate/Zero), considering how very little I cared about the fates that befell Illya and Shinji (especially compared to the original anime). Although I'm curious of the 'Heaven's Feel' route, I'm still cautious due to learning what Saber's fate was in this version.

Having said all that, I'm still anticipating seeing both projects form UFOtable, although I'm getting the sense that both will make me better appreciate the original series in the long run, but that's just my personal feeling. We'll just wait and see.

ALSO: Here's hoping that when Aniplex USA releases them on Blu-Ray, they do them as bilingual releases from the get-go.


Last edited by pachy_boy on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
firedragon54738



Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 3107
Location: wisconsin
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:06 am Reply with quote
So Sakura finely getting the spot light
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reibooi



Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 394
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:06 am Reply with quote
FINALLY!!!

Although I have to say I'm disappointed it's just going to be a movie. It is a very dense story and only a little bit of the main plot will fit into the time the movie will likely run.

That said it's better then nothing and the fact that ufotable is doing it is what I always wanted. Very excited to see how it turns out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Dessa



Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Posts: 4434
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:33 am Reply with quote
As others have said, this needs to be a series of films, rather than a single film (I could see them potentially working with 2, though 3 would be better). Done as a single film, it would have the same fate (no pun intended) as the UBW film, in which it's best viewed with knowledge of the prior routes/the story itself. Knowing the VN's story, I have no problems with UBW, but I can definitely see where people feel that it's a "compilation movie for a tv series that doesn't exist" (someone said exactly that in the UBW(tv) thread).


@pachy_boy - At least for me, Heaven's Feel is the True Ending of the overall franchise (it's the only one that spoiler[makes absolutely sure that the Grail War never happens again], as well as revealing that spoiler[the true name of the Grail War is "Heaven's Feel"], which gives more credence to it being the True Ending). However, Realta Nua (the PS2 re-release of the VN) does add one additional ending, which is more an epilogue that could be added onto any of the endings, and I think you'd like that as the overall ending. Officially I believe it's a Fate ending (I haven't gotten through to it myself yet), but you have to unlock all the other endings to get it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Aleister22



Joined: 27 Jul 2014
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
As others have said, this needs to be a series of films, rather than a single film (I could see them potentially working with 2, though 3 would be better). Done as a single film, it would have the same fate (no pun intended) as the UBW film, in which it's best viewed with knowledge of the prior routes/the story itself. Knowing the VN's story, I have no problems with UBW, but I can definitely see where people feel that it's a "compilation movie for a tv series that doesn't exist" (someone said exactly that in the UBW(tv) thread).


@pachy_boy - At least for me, Heaven's Feel is the True Ending of the overall franchise (it's the only one that spoiler[makes absolutely sure that the Grail War never happens again], as well as revealing that spoiler[the true name of the Grail War <i>is</i> "Heaven's Feel"], which gives more credence to it being the True Ending). However, Realta Nua (the PS2 re-release of the VN) does add one additional ending, which is more an epilogue that could be added onto any of the endings, and I think you'd like that as the overall ending. Officially I believe it's a Fate ending (I haven't gotten through to it myself yet), but you have to unlock all the other endings to get it.


There is no true ending to the franchise. That's the whole point of the multiple routes. FSN doesn't work like say, Majikoi.

And yes, the Avalon ending is the epilogue of the Fate route.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ss4chris



Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
This has me a little worried. If Heaven's Feel gets the film series treatment like ufotable did for Kara no Kyoukai, I'm all for this. If it's gonna be like Deen's treatment of Unlimited Blade Works, then I'm gonna be greatly disappointed.


Unlimited Blade works Movie wasn't bad at all lmao.

And heavens feel.. getting a movie .. i dont know how i feel about this..

it should have been haven's feel with the animated series considering its the longest arc out of the 3 ( played the VN) and UBW shouldnt even have been re animated. ITs supposed to be the 1st arc because alot of others say the first animation was a dissapointment (not me i didn't care)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11564
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Great news! Hope this will be a trilogy of some sort.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ss4chris



Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Aleister22 wrote:
Dessa wrote:
As others have said, this needs to be a series of films, rather than a single film (I could see them potentially working with 2, though 3 would be better). Done as a single film, it would have the same fate (no pun intended) as the UBW film, in which it's best viewed with knowledge of the prior routes/the story itself. Knowing the VN's story, I have no problems with UBW, but I can definitely see where people feel that it's a "compilation movie for a tv series that doesn't exist" (someone said exactly that in the UBW(tv) thread).


@pachy_boy - At least for me, Heaven's Feel is the True Ending of the overall franchise (it's the only one that spoiler[makes absolutely sure that the Grail War never happens again], as well as revealing that spoiler[the true name of the Grail War is "Heaven's Feel"], which gives more credence to it being the True Ending). However, Realta Nua (the PS2 re-release of the VN) does add one additional ending, which is more an epilogue that could be added onto any of the endings, and I think you'd like that as the overall ending. Officially I believe it's a Fate ending (I haven't gotten through to it myself yet), but you have to unlock all the other endings to get it.


There is no true ending to the franchise. That's the whole point of the multiple routes. FSN doesn't work like say, Majikoi.

And yes, the Avalon ending is the epilogue of the Fate route.


I wonder if the Avalon ending with Shirou and Saber will be animated..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group