• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Images of Sailor Moon Crystal Japanese BD Extras Revealed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I can already hear the wallets of fans across the globe screaming...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Did the pre-orders start dropping noticeably around the third episode?
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:26 pm Reply with quote
This anime is too cheap looking to be worth $800 extras or not, stick with the original Sailor Moon that's a fraction of the cost. It could be worse, pity the souls who spent close to $900 on Nisekoi not knowing until later it was a disaster on BD.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:32 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Did the pre-orders start dropping noticeably around the third episode?

Yeah, according to Amazon Stalker. (image)

Although it should be noted that female-targeted titles are almost always underestimated (and sometimes heavily underestimated) by Amazon Stalker due to female anime buyers in Japan tending to prefer brick and mortar stores moreso than Amazon compared to their male counterparts. Sailor Moon Crystal, of course, will still make a lot of money on disc sales, especially with how they're only putting 2 episodes each per volume.
EastN3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:51 pm Reply with quote
$800? For a show of this quality? Whoever pays that price deserves what they're getting, that's I can say.
DJStarstryker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
EastN3 wrote:
$800? For a show of this quality? Whoever pays that price deserves what they're getting, that's I can say.

That's just how much anime is in Japan. Good quality or not. This is why even though I live in Japan currently, I still buy the US BluRay releases of things. Yeah, I'm one of those "reverse importers" that Japan worries about. Oh well, Japan gets more than enough of my money as it is due to goods, video games, CDs, and tons of other things. Razz
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
DJStarstryker wrote:
Yeah, I'm one of those "reverse importers" that Japan worries about.

AHA! You've been found out, villain! They'll send the NHK guy to retrieve you shortly after he finishes hitting up random people for money because he just knows they're watching. Wink

In all seriousness...jeez. As enticed as I am by that music box, that is waaaay too much.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Cool stuff! Not a bad price by JP standards for all of those bonuses. Amazon discount should get it to you under ¥6000. How many episodes on each disc?
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps the production team could have spent more money on the actual show instead of these (admittedly nice) extras.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:34 pm Reply with quote
shamisen the great wrote:
Perhaps the production team could have spent more money on the actual show instead of these (admittedly nice) extras.

LOL how bad are we talking? Jarring CGI bad or something else? I've got the first two episodes on my tablet but haven't had the time to sit and watch them.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:

LOL how bad are we talking? Jarring CGI bad or something else? I've got the first two episodes on my tablet but haven't had the time to sit and watch them.

In episode 3, key frames, ones that are static and held on screen for a good amount of time so I'm not even talking about the tweens, look absolutely awful, as if QC is nonexistent. It's the kind of QUALITY you'd expect out of a rushed weekly series late into the game after they're all backed up. Also yeah, CGI transformations that look pretty bad as well.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
tasogarenootome wrote:
DJStarstryker wrote:
Yeah, I'm one of those "reverse importers" that Japan worries about.

AHA! You've been found out, villain! They'll send the NHK guy to retrieve you shortly after he finishes hitting up random people for money because he just knows they're watching. Wink

In all seriousness...jeez. As enticed as I am by that music box, that is waaaay too much.

I'm the same lol... But if you watch DVDs and not TV broadcasts, NHK's contract doesn't apply.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:00 am Reply with quote
Oh Japan Laughing Laughing you never disappoint in your excesses. Laughing Laughing
I guess suckers are born every second. Twisted Evil
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

In episode 3, key frames, ones that are static and held on screen for a good amount of time so I'm not even talking about the tweens, look absolutely awful, as if QC is nonexistent. It's the kind of QUALITY you'd expect out of a rushed weekly series late into the game after they're all backed up. Also yeah, CGI transformations that look pretty bad as well.

They usually fix those kinds of production issues on BD/DVD. ...hopefully.
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:

Well....

THESE ARE ACTUAL SHOTS THEY ARE NOT PHOTOSHOPPED.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3