• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sexual Assault Charges Dropped Against Voice Actor Illich Guardiola

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aquaofthewater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, this is unfortunate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Man the timing on all that is shady as heck. The condition of those dropped charges as well.
aquaofthewater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Definitely agree with you there. Still, Sentai's cut ties with him, and the marriage in Vegas is pretty creepy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering what happened with this. Honestly, I was never really sure what to think of it before, since we never got very many details in general. Sure, marrying a 16 year old at his age is pretty suspect, but...well, if the mom approves, and the girl and the guy in question are actually, truly in love, then I can't help but feel society as a whole overreacts a lot of the time. Again, that all entails that it actually IS consensual, ALL the way across the board.

That and, if it actually happened in a bad way, then I can't imagine any reason why the mother and girl in question wouldn't, I dunno, co-operate so as to get him jailed. It all just smells a little fishy to me. It also brings back to mind all of the accusations I've heard towards Vic Mignogna as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
If Sentai's cut all ties with him, at least he can't do any more shitty dubs.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Well, one thing is certain: we won't be hearing from Mr. Guardiola in any new anime shows anytime soon.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Well, one thing is certain: we won't be hearing from Mr. Guardiola in any new anime shows anytime soon.

No, this is the beginning of another possible bad end for Sentai. Since the charges are dropped and Sentai/Seraphim cut all ties without his consent or he has seen the contract that Sentai has that power to remove all ties with him.There's a slim chance he may have to file a lawsuit against his former company for wrongful termination. Even he might as well divorce or break up his partner.

Also, He can move to L.A. create an alias name with SGA and everything would be nice for his career to be restarted in a year or two.
aquaofthewater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's iffy. And second that about Vic Mignogna. Geez...the stuff I've heard about him...
CatSword

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
aquaofthewater wrote:
Well, that's iffy. And second that about Vic Mignogna. Geez...the stuff I've heard about him...

Vic Mignogna has been a target for nasty rumors pretty much ever since he first started doing Fullmetal Alchemist. Most of them are along the lines of "Vic spit on yaoi fans/told a Jew they were going to hell/burnt a stack of yaoi manga/screamed bloody murder at a gay person".

I think his frequent attack status is likely because of how open he is with his religion. I can ninety-eight percent guarantee it's all BS.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MisterLuck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
@CatSword Yeah, I agree. This is the first I ever heard of Vic being in anything negative, everybody has high praises for the man and I saw him at con too that solidify those praises. He's a good, respectable, and popular man. It's just jealous trolls trying to pull someone better then them down to their level.
aquaofthewater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I've heard unsavory things about him and yaoi, but I was thinking more about some rumors revolving around inappropriate conduct between him and some fans.
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:59 pm Reply with quote
BlackJaded wrote:
Mr. Oshawott wrote:

No, this is the beginning of another possible bad end for Sentai. Since the charges are dropped and Sentai/Seraphim cut all ties without his consent or he has seen the contract that Sentai has that power to remove all ties with him.There's a slim chance he may have to file a lawsuit against his former company for wrongful termination. Even he might as well divorce or break up his partner.

Except that the voice actors who do work for Sentai/Seraphim aren't salaried company employees. Guardiola doesn't have grounds for any retaliatory legal action.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
I was wondering what happened with this. Honestly, I was never really sure what to think of it before, since we never got very many details in general. Sure, marrying a 16 year old at his age is pretty suspect, but...well, if the mom approves, and the girl and the guy in question are actually, truly in love, then I can't help but feel society as a whole overreacts a lot of the time. Again, that all entails that it actually IS consensual, ALL the way across the board.

That and, if it actually happened in a bad way, then I can't imagine any reason why the mother and girl in question wouldn't, I dunno, co-operate so as to get him jailed. It all just smells a little fishy to me. It also brings back to mind all of the accusations I've heard towards Vic Mignogna as well.
I think at age sixteen, most people have a very poor perception of what love is.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
aquaofthewater wrote:

Well, I think he did make up that claim that Clamp told him that Fai isn't gay.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
I can ninety-eight percent guarantee it's all BS.

Vic is great when he's in front of people at a panel or an autograph session.

He's not so great when he's in a restaurant. I've seen him act completely inappropriately at a Cheesecake Factory restaurant right across the street from the Seattle Convention Center during SakuraCon in 2013. The man had a complete breakdown, yelling and screaming into his phone.

So, yes, I can believe the stories about Vic. He's not the saint many think he is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10