• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Survey: Choose Your Daily Streaming Shows

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:49 pm Reply with quote
There was no 'discuss this in the forums' link on the new survey so if you'd like to give feedback on the survey itself, here's your place to do it. Thanks for voting.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm sitting here debating whether or not to click CROSS ANGE. If there's one place I want to read opinions on the series, it's at places like ANN with reviewers I respect and trust. I must say that the firestorm it started has made me curious as to how the series will continue. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to have the series become a hate watch for someone. From what it sounds like, the selection process should avoid that, and the series will probably given over to review by someone like Theron.

I think curiosity is gonna win out in this case.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
are any reviewers watching Ace of Diamond? that continuing for at least 2 more cours
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Among others I do care for, I did vote for Cross Ange. I love anguish and strife.
誤称

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
No Aikatsu, Pripara or Precure options.

Of course.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
No Aikatsu, Pripara or Precure options.

Of course.

None of these shows have legal streaming options for new episodes.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote
For those of us who primarily read the forums, a link to the poll would help.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
For those of us who primarily read the forums, a link to the poll would help.

This should be the one:

animenewsnetwork.com/survey/495/
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quote
While i understand that most reviewers would prefer as many people as possible reading their articles and giving them feedback, i personally don't really see the point of voting for extremely popular and/or controversial shows which will have lively discussions in the anime forum anyhow.

I'd much rather see the less prominent and easily overlooked series featured here (like Shounen Hollywood last season, for example), even if those reviews won't generate an awful lot of replies.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
^
I agree with you in principle, as popular shows already have plenty of buzz anyway. But in practice ANN still gotta pay the bills, and the more popular a show is the more pageviews any article about it will (or at least should) get.

Also, it makes little sense to ignore popular shows just because they're popular. In fact, if everyone is talking about a particular show then that - in my view - makes it even more imperative that the show gets professionally covered.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Voted. It'll be interesting to see what makes the list.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Also, it makes little sense to ignore popular shows just because they're popular. In fact, if everyone is talking about a particular show then that - in my view - makes it even more imperative that the show gets professionally covered.

It's also why every little stupid piece of merchandise or tiny little event that comes out for Shingeki no Kyoujin gets a news/interest article here. Big things are covered ubiquitously because it generates pageviews.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Even if a series doesn't get weekly reviews, it can always get a full review when the series/season ends.

I sort of want to vote for Cross Ange. I won't watch it, but I like reading the reviews and forum discussion for it. It's interesting.

By the way, Zac: when you announce which series will be getting reviews, will you release the vote statistics? Just curious.
absolutezero31

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
No option for Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road? I'd like to see reviews on this too.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:02 am Reply with quote
I'm not that sure of which shows I wanted. For a moment I thought of voting for the ones the preview guide marked as "unremarkable-bordering-stupid boob shows" just because the reviews have the potential to be funny, but the tone of these episode reviews is a lot more serious than what Bamboo's one-paragraph-per-show used to be. Also, no show this season had a "boobs" (or otherwise funny-sarcastic) rating in the preview guide, and most of the low-tier shows have mostly been called out for their boring mediocrity rather than absurd stupidity, so I ultimately decided against that.

In the end I picked the ones I tried but wasn't fully convinced by (Akatsuki no Yona, Black Prince and Wolf girl, World Trigger), mostly because I'd like to know if they get interesting later on in case I choose to drop them (like I did with World Trigger). I found it interesting last season that Shonen Hollywood came out with quite a lot of praise from those reviews, and it made me interested in picking it back up after dropping it in episode 4, and I'd like to know if other shows I may drop this season have a similar turn-around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2