• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Runs Dragon Ball Z Kai Ad

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Bleach is actually ending. Holy shit. Laughing
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:56 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

lol My only method for watching Bleach was through Adult Swim and Toonami. Wow, I did indeed start watching it in 2006...
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:15 am Reply with quote
I really don't know how this devolved into a debate over which musical score is best and which one was the original intention or not but I enjoyed it anyway regardless of which score was or is used for DBZ or DBZ Kai because to me it's about bringing a show back that was one of the select few animeshown on toonami outside of sailor moon and others that I am forgetting at this time to revolutionize anime watching in america and I am glad regardless of what score is used faulconer or otherwise that this show is coming back because it was one of the mainstays in my childhood and I would watch it in a heartbeat. ( if I was to say which one is best I'd say both has it's positives and negatives but the good thing that came out of the English score to me was vegeta's theme hells bells that @#$% went hard) but seriously I feel that there doesn't need to be a argument over which is best because both to me are equally good in their own right and let's just enjoy it for however long DBZ Kai stays on toonami
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:43 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

lol My only method for watching Bleach was through Adult Swim and Toonami. Wow, I did indeed start watching it in 2006...

Yeah, I don't think it really hit me just how long I had been watching the show until I saw the DBZ commercial. It'll be weird not tuning in to watch Bleach each week.

I can't say I'm terribly excited for Kai. I get why Toonami would pick it up, but since I already have the show on disc, I probably won't bother with watching it on TV. It has been the same way with things like Black Lagoon and Hellsing Ultimate. It's great that these shows have a chance for such exposure, but when I've had the discs for years, it's hard not to wish they'd pick up something I hadn't already seen.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:15 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
after that series end , there wont be any more anime series that do "TV premiers first, then get released on DVD afterwards" anymore.

There was Space Dandy this year so it's not like there's no chance of it happening again. It could have been done with shows like Naruto Shippuden and One Piece if they hadn't started so far back. I'm sure we'll see another show hit Toonami ahead of its physical release sooner or later, perhaps the DBZKai Buu saga?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tylerr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Did they change any voice actors for the buu saga in kai?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Got a few reports and deleted several posts for either over-quoting for flat-out bickering.

I don't even know what to say, other than "stop wasting your time arguing." If you see an impending flamewar, just report it. Don't throw fuel on the fire.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2