• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Yōkai Watch's Jibanyan Ousts Pikachu From the World Hobby Fair Spotlight

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
So looks like Yokai Watch is becoming the next Pokemon (in Japan I mean, and not worldwide) from what the article is describing.

But Pikachu is still known worldwide, and that's a fact.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:08 am Reply with quote
It seems that Jibanyan may be on his way to becoming a mascot of Yōkai Watch. Wink
Jajanken

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:06 am Reply with quote
I just like seeing Magi, Silver Spoon, Magic Kaito & Case Closed, Mushibugyo, Hayate and Kenichi on the same preview art. It's awesome!
The_way67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:31 am Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
I just like seeing Magi, Silver Spoon, Magic Kaito & Case Closed, Mushibugyo, Hayate and Kenichi on the same preview art. It's awesome!

Where is Mushibugyo in any of those pictures?!
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:07 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
It seems that Jibanyan may be on his way to becoming a mascot of Yōkai Watch. Wink

He already is. Though Whisper was intended to be the original mascot, Jibanyan's popularity (no doubt due to his early and important appearance, actual sad background story, as well as the Japanese love for cats) has skyrocketed enough that it's hard to find a Corocoro magazine issue without Jibanyan on the cover. Not even Pokemon has been able to be that consistent on the cover of the same magazine.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:46 am Reply with quote
The_way67 wrote:
Jajanken wrote:

Where is Mushibugyo in any of those pictures?!

At the last picture. Look at upper - right of the picture. Thought it's bit too small but you should now be able to see Jinbei Tsukishima and Hibachi.

Even I didn't saw it until this person mention it. lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1