• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA to Release 2nd Persona 3 Film on Blu-ray Disc

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyren

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Where's the English Dub of the first movie? Seriously, if there's anything they should dub it's these movies. I mean I'm glad we're getting the second one at all, but damn.
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Where's the English Dub of the first movie? Seriously, if there's anything they should dub it's these movies. I mean I'm glad we're getting the second one at all, but damn.

They probably will have a domestic release at some point with a dub but if they did that now they'd probably lose sales for the imports (there's still another movie).

I guess people who REALLY want it asap would buy the import anyway (or they really like extras which the domestic release might lack).

I'm no fan of AoA's prices but from their point of view it makes sense to sell as many import discs as possible vs. domestic discs which have 1/4 or 1/3 slashed off the import price.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:28 pm Reply with quote
So Aniplex is going to make almost $200 on anyone who buys a full set of standard edition movies once the third one is out. Nice that Atlus lets Aniplex use Persona, but Aniplex won't let Atlus bring over the Durarara cast in Devil Survivor 2: Break Record.
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps they're just going to wait for all the movies to come out before dubbing them so they can do them all at once? It's probably easier for them to get the cast together just the once rather than doing it multiple times.

(Also, still waiting on a dub for Persona 4 The Golden Animation too. I wonder whether we'll get Valerie Arem like Ultimax and Q or Mary Elizabeth McGlynn like The Animation for Naoto?)
Nyren

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
Perhaps they're just going to wait for all the movies to come out before dubbing them so they can do them all at once? It's probably easier for them to get the cast together just the once rather than doing it multiple times.

That's true. Though something tells me there will be four movies. Don't forget The Answer.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Im still holding back and hoping that we'll get a set of all 3 films dubbed eventually. Also, since when is a single movie worth $80 plus tax.....that's like 26 dubbed episodes from funimation
Nyren

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Im still holding back and hoping that we'll get a set of all 3 films dubbed eventually. Also, since when is a single movie worth $80 plus tax.....that's like 26 dubbed episodes from funimation

Well, Funimation is a lot better with their pricing. If you buy Part 1 and Part 2? I gets a bit expensive. But when they release the full series box set it's a pretty good deal. Usually $30 to $40.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

I've never had to pay $80 for a full series from Funi before.
GiriOni

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:

Well, Funimation is a lot better with their pricing. If you buy Part 1 and Part 2? I gets a bit expensive. But when they release the full series box set it's a pretty good deal. Usually $30 to $40.

If you buy off of rightstuf you can get full S1 of Index and Railgun on blueray for $30 each, but I recall Index S1 being discounted further to $20 during December or November. (There's a reason why I mostly buy Funi)
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:

I've never had to pay $80 for a full series from Funi before.

They usually are differently price. The most I've payed for a Funi show is about 120, but that was for the special edition of Psycho-Pass they released.

All that being said, I'm still in the middle of the game so it'll be a while before I watch these movies, but a dub would probably expedite that process lol.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I want a dub...
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
Nyren wrote:

They probably will have a domestic release at some point with a dub but if they did that now they'd probably lose sales for the imports (there's still another movie).

I'm no fan of AoA's prices but from their point of view it makes sense to sell as many import discs as possible vs. domestic discs which have 1/4 or 1/3 slashed off the import price.
I would hope you're right about this but I still, to this day, can't find a "domestic release" for Fate/zero and sword art, unless you count the 50 dollar DVDs that are outdated technology (Bluray should be standard) and still overpriced since it's 4 total pieces for the whole series (sword art) and well over 150 for Fate/Zero still. I have no faith that Aniplex will ever release this at a sane/normal price point of 20-30 dollars for a bluray movie, 15-20 for a DVD.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
So Aniplex is going to make almost $200 on anyone who buys a full set of standard edition movies once the third one is out. Nice that Atlus lets Aniplex use Persona, but Aniplex won't let Atlus bring over the Durarara cast in Devil Survivor 2: Break Record.

As far as I know Aniplex doesn't own the rights to those characters, Kadokawa Shoten does so they'd be the ones that would have to be convinced to get those spotpass characters in the localization. They were included because it's the same character designer mostly. Generally your best bet when it comes to anime tie ins for characters in video games is for the company that makes the game to also own the character rights which these days isn't as hard since so much character brand content is owned by a handful of companies, namely Kadokawa Shoten, Bandai Namco and Aniplex.

Of course this doesn't stop Bamco from not bringing over things like the Idolmaster and Code Geass costumes in Tales of games even though there's literally nothing stopping them from doing so.

Last edited by Kaioshin_Sama on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Suiseiten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
SaiyamanMS wrote:

That's true. Though something tells me there will be four movies. Don't forget The Answer.
They were pretty specific that it'd only be three movies. That's not to say they probably wouldn't do something in the future with The Answer, but something tells me it'd be some sort of OVA or series. That is, if they see the market for it.

In the end, I'm shocked that I'm considering spending that much for another SINGLE DVD again. I'm not impressed by the price tag, but the first movie was pretty good and have committed to watching this through. It'd be ideal if that were the price for all three, but I'll be preordering this in the end.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I am wondering why the first movie's standard release is not being restocked. LE set not getting anymore copies once it is sold out is a no brainer, but aren't standard releases suppose to be kept in stock?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2